Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: I'm getting ready to install a Cobra 75 WXST and want to mount the connection box/cable where the high dollar ash tray would have been if my Rubi came with one. Before I start trying to take the dash loose, is there something I shouldn't do that I might regret later. I'd appreciate any tips on the best way to get the center portion of the dash loose without breaking something. Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You will need to carefully pry up one end of the defroster dash cover (piece on top) and slowly work the clips out all the way to the other side. Once you get that off, you will see 2 screws that hold down the top of the center dash surround. Remove these. Now carefully pry the center surround away from the dash. There are more clips on either side of this that will come out. Some of them may remain stuck in the dash, if so just pull them out with a pair of pliers and reinstall them on the surround.

That area that you think the ash tray should go is actually for the air bag disconnect switch for the SE models. The new ashtray goes in one of the cup holders. There isn't a lot of room behind the center surround. I put my CB under neath the center console and just drilled a hole in the coin holder for the lead.
Cobra CB

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron! That'll help save me from replacing broken retaining clips later on. Hopefully this won't take long to install. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts