Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving from Southern California to Canyonlands/White Rim. Looking for a high def dashcam that will record/monitor my road trip to White Rim with a loop recording for safety/documentation (that every dash cam is designed for) and once I'm at White Rim I want to selectively manually record what ever I want just like a hand held camera while I'm on the trail. All the cams have plenty of info on their cameras, but I'm hard pressed to find one that makes it clear there is also a manual mode for selective recording. I assume they all have apps that you can have on your phone, and touch screens to make life easier. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Welcome Scooter, glad to have you here. Like Norm, I used a GoPro but only when running trails. Suction cup mount in the upper right outside of the windshield. I used the GoPro remote to start/stop the cam so that's sort of editing on the fly.

If you mount a cam on the outside, use a safety line on it. I lost a GoPro running a trail in St George, UT.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,269 Posts
Get 2 different ones.

A dash cam is wide angle and you get the fish eye effect, which is good for recording incidents. they also have things like auto saving if there is a high event like a crash...

A video cam like a go pro, will give you much better video for white rim winch is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get 2 different ones.

A dash cam is wide angle and you get the fish eye effect, which is good for recording incidents. they also have things like auto saving if there is a high event like a crash...

A video cam like a go pro, will give you much better video for white rim winch is beautiful.
Good advice. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts