Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2012 JKUR from Darcars in Silver Spring, Maryland. They were the only dealership in the DC are that had the JKUR in Dozer with the options I wanted, otherwise I never would have gone to MD.

Because it has mud tires on it, I planned to rotate them more frequently to avoid road noise (it's also my DD). When I start to take the lug nuts off, I discovered one of the bolts/nuts was stripped. So I cranked it back down and made an appointment to get it replaced under warranty.

I schlep up to MD from NoVA and the person at the service counter tells me there is no way they would have sold it that way, so I must have done it and they won't cover the repair - on a $5 part and about $25 worth of labor. I could have done it myself in about an hour, but what the hell is the point of the warranty?

Fought with them for the better part of two days on social media and by phone. They eventually agreed to repair it, I just needed to drive up to MD again.

No way. They got the only cash they will ever get out of me off the original sale. I cannot tell enough people not to buy from there.

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts