Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 11 JKU Rubi that started going into limp mode tith the TCM light on. Read the codes and scanned it, all said throttle and idle sensors. Bought a new throttle body and installed it yesterday. Doesn't shut down to limp as I'm driving anymore, but will at idle. Only code showing is bank 2 sensor 2 O2 at the moment, even after "limping" twice since codes cleared.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
545 Posts
What are your code #'s before? Are you stuck in second gear? Can your scanner access tcm data?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't write any of the prior code numbers down since I had a new throttle body on the way. And mine is a stick so no stuck in second worries. All I had that day was a simple Bluetooth scanner so I couldn't access too much. Last time I checked it with that it was throwing nothing but O2, even after it had gone in limo again. Hoping to get up with a boy this week and put it on his real deal scanner.

·
Registered
545 Posts
O2's can cause low power even post cat one. If you are just setting a code for the one sensor then it probably needs replacement. I like OEM sensors.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've replaced that O2 sensor twice. First with parts house, then with OEM cause nothing changed. Currently trying to find a cat without all the pipe coming along with it. That cat shouldn't have anything to do with the tcm, and make it go to limp mode tho should it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts