Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I thought the Dana 44's on the Rubi's came with drain plugs :?
All I see is one plug that I think its for the filler. Its about the center of the diff cover. So I guess to change the fuilds I will need to take the cover off?

·
Registered
454 Posts
There is a plug on the housing side of the diff. At least that is true on the rear, I haven't looked on the front.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE

The housing side, you mean by the drive shaft? I'll double check, thanks

Isn't there a number on the axl that give you the information of type and gears?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah, I mean the drive shaft side. If you look on the passenger side of the rear diff there will be a plug. May I ask why you want to drain your diff when you don't take it offroad? Do you already have that many miles?

As far as the numbering on the diff, I really don't know. However, in the Rubicon, the only gears available were 4.11's.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

You are right, yet to take it off road, but to tell you the whole story I was talking with this guy down the street from me, and he claims to be a hard core 4 wheeler and he likes to diss the Rubicons. He has a XJ with 33" and some lift. He likes to talk S$$t about how the Rubicon lockers, suck, Rubicon tires suck, clearance sucks...and even though some of it is true, but basically he is a jelous bitch. And one of the things he was telling me why the Rubicons sucks was that the dana44 on the Rubicons does not have drain plugs. And I thought it did. And I guess I do and he is still a jelous bitch. Sorry for my dirty language.

Have about 1,000 miles :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Did you blow your leaves onto his lawn last fall? Sounds like you two are the best of friends. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re

nah, I'm cool. he is a nice guy, but he is one of those guys who thinks he is better than you and know more than you.. Basically if I tell him I can do 120 mph on my motorcycle, he'll tell you he does 220 all the time.

back, to the dana differentials, what do the KJ's have in the rear?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: re

troubled_wine said:
nah, I'm cool. he is a nice guy, but he is one of those guys who thinks he is better than you and know more than you.. Basically if I tell him I can do 120 mph on my motorcycle, he'll tell you he does 220 all the time.

back, to the dana differentials, what do the KJ's have in the rear?
They have a Dana 35 or Dana 44(option) rear end. There is a Dana 30 center in the front with CV's.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The Liberty's have a Chrysler 8.25" rear end in them. DC didn't renew their contract with Dana. I think this is why people are worried about the future of the Rubicon because I have heard they are runnig out of D44's.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
triver525 said:
The Liberty's have a Chrysler 8.25" rear end in them. DC didn't renew their contract with Dana. I think this is why people are worried about the future of the Rubicon because I have heard they are runnig out of D44's.
That's right.... I forgot that they are changing over...Opps... Earlier Libby's have the Dana axel... I believe it the 8.25 started for the 03's maybe some 02's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts