Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, a buddy told me about this forum yesterday.

My front right axle seal is leaking and the left side axle ujoint cap popped out yesterday. Just wondering if you guys think the dealer will honor the 70k drive train warranty since I changed the diff covers out.

·
Jeepless in PA
12,585 Posts
What year is your Jeep? what model TJ/JK? how many miles?

I do not see why they would not cover it unless you are outside the coverage period or it has been visually abused.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2005 Rubicon/TJ, 46,000 miles on it. I purchased it at a dealer with 27k miles on it. I'm on the trails a lot but I wouldn't say it's been abused at all. Nothing is smashed on the front end, there's a little bit of rock rash on the transfer case skid and the tank skid.

·
Jeepless in PA
12,585 Posts
You have nothing to loose by trying. Some of the dealers by me are either terrific on warranty work and will be willing to put in a new engine while others have red flagged my TJ in their computer system. Just wash it up and play stupid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm heading over as soon as I can get it on my neighbors trailer. I have an ace up my sleeve if they give me any flack. My business is primarily based on using Dodge trucks to haul freight. I'm probably their #1 salesman, :laugh:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
the diff cover has absolutely no bearing on the problems your having, they should warranty it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope so, I just heard a guy on another forum talk about blowing a seal afer putting a ARB cover on. He said the dealer blamed it on the ARB cover and wouldn't warranty the seal.

I dropped it off over at the dealer about an hour ago, The service manager said it would only cost a $100.00 if it's covered. Just waiting on the call now. I hate being without my Jeep.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a call from the dealer. They said they're covering it under the warranty, WooHoo! It's only costing $100.00. They're replacing the left side axle, bearings seal and right side seal. They said I can pick it up tomorrow.

They had a nice looking black 2011 4 dr Rubicon sitting on the showroom floor, lifted, bumpers, winch, wheels, tires. Sticker said $52k, Glad I left my check book at home, LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts