Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at upgrading my Class II factory trailer receiver to a class III that is rated for 4000lbs towing 400lbs tongue weight. When I look at etrailer i see a couple options but two manufacturers, Curt and Drawtie. Which do you recommend and why? Both come with models where 1 hole is on bottom of frame and one hole on side or 2 holes on bottom of frame. Also both come as round or square tube.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2004_Jeep_TJ.htm

Since I know someone will probably ask why...

The reason is not to tow a trailer with 4000lbs as I know the linit and recommend max towing of the jeep. The reason is to be able to put my dirtbike on a carrier i have to go to some parks and national forests.

I used to tow my Sport bike on an eight foot utility trailer with tools back when I raced track but that's not always practical for the dirtbike. I used the G/F grand cherokee to tow the dirtbike on a carrier about 230 miles and it worked great.

Attachments

·
3,325 Posts
Last time I bought a hitch, I got a class 5 for my F350. I compared the materials of Curt, Drawtite and others and I didn't see much difference so I bought the least expensive of the lot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is what is on mine, I am guessing a curt class 3, prior owner used to pull a nice bass boat, I can’t help you past the pics

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts