Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an AMAZING weekend up at the park. The weather couldn't be more perfect. 65 on Sat and almost 70 on sunday. Barely saw another group both days. 175 rigs and the only time we saw people was when we were by 1C. The only break we has was the XJ in our group. A rock on "O" did its damage to the gas tank and by the time we were done Yellow Jacket it was all over for it. The Jeep did great. Not a single problem all weekend. Since it was Crawl for the Cure the lady came along. All I have to say is I should have worn sneakers instead of Redwing lineman boots. I did more walking than the whole group combined haha. Let it be a lesson to all that give their lady's the keys. I turned around after taking pics of everyone else in the group and she was half way down "O." I got to drive yellow jacket, man was it tore up, and then again on Boot Hill.

Sunday we headed to the South property. I got to drive all the green trails till we got to 13. She took the keys and I never got them back the rest of the day on Sunday. It was the best time we have had at RC since first going there 3 years ago. Letting my lady drive was awesome. She actually WANTED to drive. Just means I get to UPGRADE now haha. She seems to find all the "weak" points in Rubi and asks how WE can make them better. Anyway here are the pics with a link to the rest of the pics. Hope you guys enjoy

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumb ... 161161025/

Lady on "O"

Yellow Jacket - check out the album for my vid. Did a nice wheel stand

Our "Leader" - good vid at the top of "O" in the album as well

Hardest rock I encountered all weekend. Randomly stopped on it and thought i was funny

Day Two - The foliage was breath taking. The trees looked like they were on fire.

Trail 13 - I walked the whole trail - Next time I will drive it I hope haha

I had a love affair with the M38

Lunch Break - didn't take anymore pics afterwards

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Great pics! I'm assuming that was at Rausch?

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
That is a huge rock! If do not watch out, you might roll. :eek:

:laugh:

Nice pictures, it looks like you need another jeep. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
cool pics looked like a good time. Wish i coulda went up......but i guess work was more important :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stangmata - yes that is Rausch Creek. Love wheeling there however, some on the blue trails we used to get to the black and red trails started getting a little annoying. It seems you never can get the right speed on those trails. Too fast and you get bounced around. Too slow and you find yourself getting left behind.

4lowNGo - would have loved to seen you there. There were several of our own members that encountered the same problem as you. Next time the club does a run there or else where in PA I will let you know. This way I won't be the only Rubicon haha. This past run I got lucky with the silver Rubicon tagging along.

Gregert12 - I already have another jeep. It's a YJ on 35's and strictly for the trail. I am actually in the process of trying to sell it to pay bills and fund upgrades to the Rubicon. Having two jeeps just isn't practical for me at the moment. Plus on top of it, I just don't have the time or space to work on it anymore.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Nice job on the pics. Great colors. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes let me know i need a good day out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts