Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, wipers....is anyone else having an issue where the wipers stutter a second before proceeding to wipe up and then down again on the windshield? It's not my blades as I am religious about changing them as stated every 3-4 months. They've only been doing it the last 6 months.

Next up, basic jeep sag. I've been told by my local clubmates the jeeps always have a tendancy to droop down in the front, but mine since birth has had a droop towards the rear. Even with the weight of all the goodies and the winch up front it sagged from day 1 and now with the tire carrier and full tank of fuel in the can on it I have really bad droop. So much so I think its affecting my headlights ability. I know how to fix it, but wondered if anyone else is having the same problem as me and also if I put a RE4.5 SF lift on later, would that have the ability to correct the sag without the spacers for the springs?

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
wipers here in the heat dont last...
im on my second set in 10 months

sag....hmmmmmmm
i always thought and saw them lean towards the front.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10 months? techniically they should only last at most 6 months.

I went and odered a 3/4" spacer kit with the bumpstops. Depending on how much I get from the rear with that and the factory spacer I may or may not put the front set on.

Oh, anyone know where to get cheap 2x3 inclinometers? Not the boxy things with the compasses and crap, just the stick ons with the single meter you buy 2 of for two spots.

G

·
0 Posts
I guess my wiper blades being on 12 months and still working great (confirmed in the rain this morning) is way beyond....

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
JP's do sag to the rear generally... I have never heard of a JP sagging in the front unless there is a **** load of weight added to the front.

RE lift will solve the sag issues. I have had 500lbs in the back of my JP on every JP trip and never had a sag issue.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Saggy butt

My new 03 rubi looked low in the butt also. I was hitting the tank skid and nothing else. I ordered the prothane spring spacer kit. I put the 2 1/4 inch blocks in the rear and the 1 3/4 blocks in the front. I removed the original pad from the rear. I wish I had left it in and circumcised it instead. I left all the original stuff on the front. The jeep looks great now. I haven't changed tires and if I do it will be 32" max. The OD on mine is maxed out with the 31 tires in our hilly country. I also made my own front discos"s for about 3 bucks and that is by far the best mod I have done so far. I went through the San Rafael yesterday to I-70. With the front disconected the ride was wonderful. No more getting thrown out the side windows . When you are real secure in your abilities and your jeeps capabilities, check out the San Rafael jeep trails in Utah. Probably wise not to do it alone like I do.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Well my blades on my 97 sport must have been superblades because they were never changed for nearly 5 years. :shock: And they worked fine, or it seemed they did to me.

·
Registered
586 Posts
8 monthe on my blades, still work perfect. I also have an 03 Rubi, no sag that I can see. Your new lift and possibly spacers should cure any sag though.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
At $27 per blade mine will last for at least a year......However I now have a daily driver......$800 honda's are great for bombing around town.... :D

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Did you seriously buy that Honda? :shock:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
bbusch said:
Did you seriously buy that Honda? :shock:
Yup....With the price of gas being almost 75-79 cents/liter I find it a good plan to drive a smaller car. Also very little wear and tear on the JP. I am also tearing down the suspension this winter to install some new toys so I will need a car to get to work...

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I hope you run it with the rear doors on. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts