Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have everything covered for my RE 4.5 SF, but I just want to make sure I ordered everything. Here's what I have coming.

- RE 4.5 SF kit w/ OME shocks and the 1602 TB bracket
- Tom Woods Rubicon drive shaft
- Teraflex bolt on shock relocators (are these the best bolt on ones?)

Thanks,
Eric

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
quicksilvr said:
I think I have everything covered for my RE 4.5 SF, but I just want to make sure I ordered everything. Here's what I have coming.

- RE 4.5 SF kit w/ OME shocks and the 1602 TB bracket
- Tom Woods Rubicon drive shaft
- Teraflex bolt on shock relocators (are these the best bolt on ones?)

Thanks,
Eric
shock relocators....best ive seen.
TW...is needed
RE kit is "Wicked"<-----PBR`s words
:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Shock relocators - The teraflex are solid, no complaints.
Driveshaft - good choice.
The RE kit - yep wicked, but of course pictures say more.

Ron

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it looks like I have it covered. I will be one of the first guys on the board with an 04 so I will post some pics of it stock for you when it finaly comes in. Then I am going to give it a couple weeks incase some quarks happen, then on with the lift 8) Thanks for you quick responses.

Cheers,
Eric

G

·
0 Posts
Does the RE kit come with a beefier steering stabilizer?

The stock stabilizer is crap. Replacing mine with a beefier gas-charged Monroe unit made a world of a difference in how much feedback I was getting when I lifted and went to 33 inch muds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It doesn't, but I was thinking I would maybe order an OME one while I was at. I think I am going to wait and see how bad it really is and then go from there.

Eric

G

·
0 Posts
I am dang anxious to see some pics of your setup. The wait and see attitude is probably best with all this stuff. Do it, run it on the trail, and see where it needs improvements. I am running the stock steering with 35's, it seems more than fine to me. I even left in the stock Diff gearing, and once again it seems more than peppy still going up I-70 out of Denver to get to the trails.

Keep us all posted on that 04!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
I actually found the steering stabilizer to be more of an issue on the street, than it was on the trail, after lifting and installing 33s.

It was the higher speed 'bump echo', for lack of a better term, that I'd get through the steering wheel on ruts and bumps in the pavement, which led me to upgrade the stabilizer. She feels like she did with the stock tires, now.

Trail performance was fine with the stock unit, by the way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wrath I am glad to here that, because that is one of my concerns my old 03 Sport with 33's couldn't do squat in the mountains with 3.73's and I am hoping the Rubi will be a little better. I make frequent trips your way for powder cravings :D

G

·
0 Posts
Everybodies expectations are different, but for me if it can more than pull the 65 MPH up the I-70 hill to the divide out of Denver. It gets an acceptable rating. I have not come across many if any 4 cyl, that make the grade cars included. I must admit, I do tend to make sure overdrive is turned off when pulling hills at interstate speeds.

G

·
0 Posts
I actually find the gearing with 33s much better both on and off pavement than I did with the stock tires.

I didn't lose a noticeable amount of crawl off road with the 33s installed, and on road you don't have to short shift through 1st and 2nd. Instead you can actually use the torque the engine has to accelerate without instantly reving past the sweet spot on the torque curve.

Kinda makes sense I guess, when you think about it. 4.10s and the 4.0 six are nicely matched to a 33 inch tire.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same setup,but had to order a rear adj. track bar and 1602 TB bracket.Maybe you won't need the TB with the 1602,but I didn't want to take the chance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts