Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
And I have no idea of who, what, where----but this whole pandemic has a design behind it. I trust China like a wet phart. Now there is fear they are cutting us off from out drugs. How can we be so stupid to allow a foreign county manufacture our drug supply? When this is over we need to cut as many ties as possible with those folks. Build it here. I don't like taking medication made by people who eat dogs and bats. Just watch over the next couple weeks on how China intends to disrupt us. Don't be suprised if we don't have internet blackout etc. Watch.

·
1,363 Posts
Design....Agreed. With full disclosure my foundation is biblical and that the Bible is literal and God inspired.

God is in charge.
But...
The devil has been given some dominion for a limited time.
And...
Man is given dominion as being made in God’s image. Even Hitler was in God’s image, but he used that image in twisted ways. God honors man‘s dominion and choices, even for eternity.
Countries...
are God recognized groups of people to be judged or blessed on how they respond to God and use their collective dominion. Israel is the best example. But within the national, God always searches the individual.
Solution...
Christ and a relationship. The devil knows Christ more clearly than we do. The difference is the relationship. Getting the relationship is easy. We simply ask him.

Personally, I think this current health crisis will pass. We’ll be stronger for it. The sad thing is that a majority of people will not see their weakness as a need for God, but will revert to solutions of men. Men have great solutions, but if they lead to self reliance away from God he will intervene eventually.

Thanks for letting me express my view. I understand that talking about God is not the general purpose of this forum, but it’s a legitimate way of looking at a world crisis.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We are calm out in the high desert in northern Nevada. I've always been able to be calm even floating down rapids after being flipped out of a kayak or 4 wheeling on a narrow shelf road. What happens happens.

We are staying home to avoid the virus as per official requests with the exception of going down to the local grocery stores. The ladies in the house are grumpy and the guys are finding projects to do. Today Shields and Cabalas in Reno are shutting down. They both had big runs on guns and ammo this week!

UPS is still delivering and looking to get a big brake kit installed as soon as I figure out which one... another post;)
Anyways this is a historic event and I have no doubt that this all will pass and we as a nation will recover. I see no reason to freak out and what is going on is a controlled shut down to isolate the contagion and slow the spread. Shortages will be addressed and the stock market will bounce back.

Pic: Colorado shelf road, white Jeep parked on the side after a call that there was no more room to turn around at the dead end at an old mine. About 5 jeeps are ahead of me and this was all the room I had to make my turn around! No problem but that edge looked scary as it is a long way down.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yep, I tend to stay calm, better decisions can be made when your not going nuts.
I'm more cocerned with the transmission from the alien spacecraft stating they were ready to harvest the two legged cattle walking around.
I think this is the real reason the gov wants people to stay indoors. I'm safe though, I'm wearing my tin hat.

·
3,352 Posts
Our earthquakes yesterday were very exciting in Utah. Now we have lines at the gas stations with people buying as much gas as possible...in every can they have

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Our earthquakes yesterday were very exciting in Utah. Now we have lines at the gas stations with people buying as much gas as possible...in every can they have
We've been there after a hurricane when we lived in central Florida. No power, no cell phone, no landline, no gasoline due to no power at the service stations, etc. FEMA reacted fairly quickly and made bottled water available and there were contracted trash haulers cleaning up brush and other debris placed street-side. A huge tree fell over my shed with my ZTR mower and other tools. I had a 3500 watt Honda generator that we ran intermittently for three days, fortunately we were able to run the well pump.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I told my wife I was going to do “Bar in a Car” as my delivery niche. She laughed and told me to call her when I get to jail.
Sounds about right. Make sure she has bail money.
I guess my bar is in the shop. It's the only place I sip whiskey, and that's just to make cuts. lol
When I got this brilliant idea to build this thing, the first question my friends wanted to know was "why since you don't drink?"
I told them I guess my children will find some old whiskey in the shop when I leave my flesh behind for the dogs.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wildrat,
That must be an interesting flavor with sunflower seeds as whisky is usually other grains. I have drifted to rum in my later years but good whisky with friends on a cold mountain evening after hunting all day is a soothing and memorable treat;)
LOL, you could use sunflower seeds, but corn, and other grains are less expensive.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Making your own booze to sell during the apocalypse, smart move
I do not sell it, I just make it. LOL

Spirits would be a valuable bartering commodity - one quart of whisky for 25 rolls of toilet paper 🍹 .
Nah, I don't use toilet paper. :) I do wish some of us lived closer if we ever had to shelter/defebd in place.
It's only me and the dogs here and I couldn't watch the entire property. The dogs would tell me if someone was about. Then someone would hurt one of my dogs, and instead of plinking with 22lr, I would have pick something up with a bit more oomph.
But, since we do not have Chinese, Russians, and zombies coming over the fence yet, I'll just watch TV.
I will say this, this virus is helping the ChiCom's and their world plans.
What gets me as well are some people in other countries being angry at the US for not being there for them, ans they are even believing the Chinese/Russian propaganda that we deployed the virus.
I got news for these morons, if we were to deploy a bioweapon it would be based on certain genetic markers.
I do not like this forum software. It does annoying things constantly!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I should not of said sell, thats when the revenuers come to get you. But in an apocalypse, are they even around.

Keep on keeping on Mad Max
Oh no, your alright. I really don't sell. It's illegal to make alcohol anyway, not unless you buy the feds approval.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts