Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the 305/70/16 for my new to me 2004 Rubicon, 2 to 3 inch lift, has this size tire on it now but different brand, not my daily driver, will use on farm checking cattle, clay dirt, can get muddy in Southern Illinois, Shawnee National Forest here, Maybe someday run out to Ouray, CO. Expect to use a Jeep 5000 to 7000 miles a year.

How is road driving with these, not worried about me but my daughter about came out of her skin with excitement when I brought the Jeep home this weekend, she might drive it some. Key word “ some”.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Noisy, I had balance issues. Not the best by far on road.
Good on rocks.

IMO get Nitto Trail grappler...Best tire available IMO.
Quite, handles great, easy to balance most times 0 weight and great off road.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We run them on both our JKs. The wife's is the 37" D rated flavor, mine are 40" C rated. We've run KMs, Toyo MTs, Duratracs and now the STT.

Like mentioned above they do fantastic off road. I balance them every 5k and at 30k miles they're starting to make a little noise on the wife's. About the same as my old Toyo MTs did their whole life. 10k on mine and they're still quiet as can be. We've had no balancing issues.

My complaint is that, like all MTs I've had, they throw you a little when you hit water on the road.

Hind sight I'd still buy them again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coopers get mounted Monday

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pic of 305/79/16

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
100% Satisfied with Coopers, drives in one lane on no striped roads, tire noise minimal, once tires are seated good will let the air pressure down to around 28lbs

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts