Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Rubicon that did not come with a factory mirror that had lights and compass and temp. but it does have the pigtail under the cowl cover inside, it also has the temp probe in the grille.

I bought one on ebay with the factory mirror and wiring harness. I hooked up the connector and the little lights work and a faint green lite is on the mirror face but no temp. or compass.

Anyone know how to check the wires with a meter to see if the connections are correct or a way to diagnosis this.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I got the wiring figured out with the factory GNTX 221 mirror but the display is very dim for the compass as well as the temp. Tried the dimmer for dash light no effect.

Ideas

Mike

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a 2006 Rubicon that did not come with a factory mirror that had lights and compass and temp. but it does have the pigtail under the cowl cover inside, it also has the temp probe in the grille.

I bought one on ebay with the factory mirror and wiring harness. I hooked up the connector and the little lights work and a faint green lite is on the mirror face but no temp. or compass.

Anyone know how to check the wires with a meter to see if the connections are correct or a way to diagnosis this.

Thanks

Mike
Have you tried these steps?

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts

Thanks

Mike
More info:

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FLLJ thanks, I tried all of these and it appears the display is bad.

Does anyone know any Gentex mirror head that will swap out for the GNTX 221 with map lights and auto dimming and dual line temp and compass that will use the stock TJ wiring harness?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
395 Posts
FLLJ thanks, I tried all of these and it appears the display is bad.

Does anyone know any Gentex mirror head that will swap out for the GNTX 221 with map lights and auto dimming and dual line temp and compass that will use the stock TJ wiring harness?

Thanks

Mike
Possibly '01-'06 Chrysler Sebring

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
....I bought one on ebay with the factory mirror and wiring harness. I hooked up the connector and the little lights work and a faint green lite is on the mirror face but no temp. or compass....
Was the mirror new or used? Was it sold as-is with no returns?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think I've got a compass/temp mirror I took out of my 2005 LJR if you are interested. I don't think all of the map light LEDs work but other than that it was fully working when I pulled it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts