Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go out last night......-31C and my Rubicon was not plugged in.....Cranked a few times but started right up!

·
Registered
454 Posts
WTF would you even leave the house at all? Man, at -31C I wouldn't even so much as look outside. Last week when it was -29C here in Calgary I seriously thought about calling a cab for the 3 block walk to work. :oops:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Will summer ever come???????????????????? :mad:

We have had to many cold nights here in Ottawa but very happy the Rubi has started without having to plug it in. I just don't like starting a engine in this cold weather.

G

·
0 Posts
Oh man that is cold. I was up past the Artic Circle playing war games with the Russian Fleet, a long long time ago so I know how cold that can be. I will tell you that it was miserable down here today. Sunny and 23C. I used to live in Wisconsin, but got spoiled with warm weather.

:D :D

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Cold starts

Yeah, I'm impressed with the Rubi and the Liberty. Both have not been plugged in during this cold spell and neither one has hesitated to fire up! And it sure is fun driving by all the cars that are spinning their wheels at the intersections :lol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worst thing.....The interior of the Jeep is cold! The heater will not keep up after about -25C. I was thinking about adding one of those backseat heaters to help out on the really cold days.

·
Registered
454 Posts
After riding in my roommate's VW I am seriously considering putting in aftermarket heated seats. The only thing I worry about it fryin' my ass when the seats get wet.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was an article on Jeeps Unlimited (or a link there) on how to install the heated seats.....Very cool idea. That would warm you up fast. The heaters that I read about had a high/low/off level....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
Here you go. I remembered this from surfing the web one day.

http://ewylie.com/jeep/seatheat.htm

Now if they made a seat cooler I would be in the market for that. Nothing like jumping into the Jeep and scorching a few items that are important.

Ron
AH YES..........The joys of Vinyl seats...............The best upgrade to my JP was getting one with cloth seats....... :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts