Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I’ve got a 2016 rubicon hard rock and my traction control light is randomly coming on.
Usually once every other week, comes on upon startup. Won’t go off on it’s own, but if I turn off vehicle and turn it back on it will be gone.

Got a code reader, was surprised to find it wasn’t a wheel speed sensor.

Yesterday it came back on, and I had almost no breaking power when backing up. Restarted Jeep and it was totally fine.

Seems it’s vacuum pump related.

Was considering relocating vacuum pump as well to under the hood, which would give me new lines.

So far I’ve cleared the code, disconnected battery and reconnected it to see if clearing it does anything. I checked to make sure it’s all plugged in

I asked this on jk owner forum, but hoping to get more input.

·
2,020 Posts
Welcome again. Someone will speak to your issue shortly. I myself have a TJ.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hello, welcome.
Vacuum pumps are pretty reliable and I would first check the vacuum lines for any pinched or leaking culprits. Do you have good assist.
The pump is pcm controlled and if you got someone to pump the brakes with the engine running it should come on. There is a pump relay on the left inner fender close to the firewall.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, welcome.
Vacuum pumps are pretty reliable and I would first check the vacuum lines for any pinched or leaking culprits. Do you have good assist.
The pump is pcm controlled and if you got someone to pump the brakes with the engine running it should come on. There is a pump relay on the left inner fender close to the firewall.
That’s for the input!
So I’d be listening while someone pumps the brakes to see if the pump turns on. I’ll go try that today.

I’ll check all the lines. Maybe that pump relocating kit will be worth it since it has new lines haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gave it a shot, I honestly can’t really hear anything with all the noise from the fan. I think I heard it make a few faint sounds, but not 100% sure.
Still no abs light since clearing the code but it’ll probably be a week or so before it pops back up as it’s been pretty consistently once every other week.

If the pumps are reliable, I’ll presume that isn’t the issue and I’ll check all the lines tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts