Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members help needed. Still have my original rubicon that I bought new 15 years ago when I joined the forum. 181K mi. Today my original clutch pilot bearing gave out I believe. Pedal doesn’t work and there’s heavy noise if I attempt to place in gear. Clutch still gripped even when towing.
Question: what kit ? I hear Luk, buts there’s many kits, some with composite non metal bushing. And how about Mopar OEM parts ? It got me this far. Need help.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
OEM is a Sachs, I believe. The Luk is a popular choice and I used it, but I didn't like the looks of the TO and pilot bearings that it came with, so I used a Timken TO and a Mopar pilot.

Just a bit grabbier than the original. And I actually preferred the factory feel - it was easier to slip and modulate over obstacles. The Luk tends to just grab and go a bit, by comparison. Not bad at all, but, given a do over, I'd either buy the Mopar part or the Sachs equivalent, I think. Luk was a lot cheaper, though.

- DAA

·
1,906 Posts
I went with an aftermarket clutch back in the day. I was going to return to stock the next time.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
Used mopar, jave not tried aftermarket

Reactions: Norminator
1 - 7 of 7 Posts