Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Clayton Death Wobble Fix Kit on a Currie CD-9120TJJ Track Bar? I have a wobbled inner hole on the axle side that I need to fix.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,153 Posts
I bored out the bushing in my TB, drilled a larger hole in the axle and pit a bigger bolt in.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
06 LJ Rubicon. 3" 9th degree springs Clayton LCA Currie steering Currie bump stops B&M shifter S&B
8 Posts
I just bought the bolt since my bushing was still good. But did help. I'll eventually weld a thicker washer on. For some reason I have 2 bolt holes. Haven't torn it out yet.

·
Administrator
11,319 Posts
Track bars are under considerable load when you flex the suspension. I broke the axle end bolt on the front trackbar and of course it was on a trail in the rain and sleet (Colorado.) Fortunately I had a bolt/nut in my spares to get me back on the trail. I was really pleased to get rid my rear trackbar when I went to 4 link.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Track bars are under considerable load when you flex the suspension. I broke the axle end bolt on the front trackbar and of course it was on a trail in the rain and sleet (Colorado.) Fortunately I had a bolt/nut in my spares to get me back on the trail. I was really pleased to get rid my rear trackbar when I went to 4 link.
Hi John. I was there on that rain & sleet trip in Colorado. We were all glad or surprised you carried such a collection of spare nuts & bolts. Glad to see / read that you are still active. Stay Safe Out There.
Lester

·
Administrator
11,319 Posts
Hey Lester! Of all of the trail repairs I've had to do over the years, that one was very memorable :eek: but it was a fun trip anyway. Hope you and Ruth are doing well, we're okay down here in Texas.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,153 Posts
Had a serious dw issue on my 06 lj. Some play in the TB, welded on 1/4" steel on both sides of the front TB bracket and it helped.

Reactions: johncanfield
1 - 7 of 7 Posts