Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warn Industries has told me 3 times that they can not help me out with a front hub conversion. Warn has also told my Jeep Dealership the same thing. Yet, there are guys doing the Warn conversion on the front axles?
My questions are as follows

1/What Warn kit are you ordering (part #'s) ?
2/ Can both 5on4.5 and 5on5.5 be done?
3/Do i order Moser or Superior inners to do this kit?or does Warn have that too?
4/ Does there needs to be some custom work on these inners to do this conversion?
5/Can my stock inners be used if they are 'customized'?
6/ Does the braking set-up also HAVE to be changed? and if yes, what parts do i need?
7/Are you guys running CTM's or can we use standard ones?
8/What other parts am i missing?
9/ Put all of this aside and please explain again what can now be done to the interaxle ujoints to better secure the caps? Not welding but somehow making them a full clip rather than a c-clip?
10/ Someone mentioned using a different ujoint that 'fits' better and is a full clip, what is that?

i know that there are LOTS of threads on various axle questions, but my head starts swimming trying to follow the threads as they go off topic so much. With this thread i hope to print it and send it to my dealer and to Warn. Please be concise...please

Thank you all in advance.
Tom

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Good Question...I would be interested in knowing this also....Another winter project that I would like to do.

Anyone?

If I remember correctly there is a member on the board that has done this. Please come forward and ease the pain.

Cheers

G

·
0 Posts
The way I understand it is that for the front axle the only part that would be different is the inner axle. The complete warn kit and outer axle fit just fine. Now I also believe that the stock rubi wheel can not be used because the center hole will not fit over the hub.

So you will need different wheels and you can use the stock inner axle or call up tricounty gear and buy one of theres. They use warn blanks and machine them to fit the rubi.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. i wonder why Warn will not agree???? BTW, i am not saying that i do not believe you, just that Warn should know this.

i just finished building a Toyrubi. The rims would not fit over the "dustcap" in the front. Looking at the rims we figured the centre hub 'ledge' that contains the jeep emblem is the culprit. 3 mins later with a grinder we solved problem. This may also work with the Warn kit.
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts