Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get your opinions on an idea I had. I was thinking about how to make myself an induction system that flows really well but still was well protected from engine heat and water splash. What I have thought of was going to a wrecker and grabbing a big airbox from one of the newer full size trucks. That way I can use a stock replacement K&N in the airbox but the system will inherently flow better because the airbox will be so much bigger and the feeder tube will be bigger. the only problem is adapting the large tube to the smaller diameter of the throttle body. Nothing a PVC reducer and some rubber tubing can't overcome I don't think.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not much room under the hood for a large air box......

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Here is a cheap and effective induction system.......K&N part # 8060

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have found a good induction system that will work. The reasons I don't go with that system Lilredtj is that the filter is sucking in really hot air that is being blown across the motor. I have done some research and foudn that the 5.0L Mustangs from like '84 have been using a filter system that will work perfectly. The nice thing about them is that they have a 5" tube going to the throttle body which would flow a lot of air. The large airbox will also flow a lot of air and keep it cool too. I am going to go down to the wrecker next weekend and see if I can find a doner mustang. If it works, I will post pictures.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That would be a good tip if it pans out....Looking forward to reading your report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts