Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share your ideas on cheap air tank setups (dive tanks/welding tanks etc) in order to make my own "powertank" I'm looking at a 20lb dive bottle right now that's still a little pricey. If you have your own system please post where you got your materials and how much you paid...TIA :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Dave look for an old CO 2 tank from a beer system, 10 or 20 lb tank, then you can check out Kilby's Onboard air site and get a regulator for about $55.00. As for SCUBA cylinders they are very expensive. Plus using airtools or airing up can deplete your tank rather quickly. You can usually get a CO2 tank used pretty cheap. You might want to get it hydro tested though.

G

·
0 Posts
You can also look into getting a old fire extinghiser.

If you are going to run OBA, also check into large truck junkyards and get their airtanks with mounting straps.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm in the process of making my own also. I also had a CO2 tank for a beer fridge that has been lying around for years. Got rid of the kegerator and haven't found a use for the CO2 tank until now. I had no idea of the off road usability and since it is portable it makes a perfect on board air system.

"Itsakeeper" Great idea putting it under the hood and thanks for the pictures !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts