Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
15,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROF has the chat room back ...it`s been gone for many years.

have you tried it?

what time is best ?

right now it`s only working on a desktop computer

i`m trying to get in on mobile devices

THOUGHTS??

:wink2:

·
Administrator
10,755 Posts
It's right under the menu bar on the main forum page. Mac can't get it to work on his Apple devices but I've tested it on Window 10 (Firefox) and an Android tablet and smart phone. You must set your Android browser option to request desktop instead of the portable device format.

·
Administrator
15,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's right under the menu bar on the main forum page. Mac can't get it to work on his Apple devices but I've tested it on Window 10 (Firefox) and an Android tablet and smart phone. You must set your Android browser option to request desktop instead of the portable device format.
John

I switched to ROF " Classic " view and it works on mobile
Apple devices

Frank
" Chat " was one of the best features we ever had
If you don't want to use it ... don't
:wink2:

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
10,755 Posts
Yes, I think I forgot to mention you need to be in the forums and not the home page.

Edit: yup, didn't have that in the announcement but I added that caveat.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
This "chatbox" doesn't seem to operate in the same manner here as the chatroom did over a decade ago.

Seems someone writes something and then hours later someone responds. Back in the day there would be several folks on at the same time having an active conversation.... actually chatting.
Not really a chatroom or "chatbox" as it is called now. Maybe it'll find it's way.

·
Administrator
10,755 Posts
This chat box is a 'plug in' to the vBulletin program and no doubt different than the old version. As far as the late replies, the problem is trying to get users on chat at the same time. A bit of an issue since we cover three time zones.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
.....As far as the late replies, the problem is trying to get users on chat at the same time......
That is what I was more/less referring too when I said it operates different. A dozen years ago there were folks actively "chatting". Like I said, "Maybe it'll find it's way".:wink2:

.....A bit of an issue since we cover three time zones.
Well stateside we have four... but...
A dozen years ago when I was in Hawaii... I was in the sixth time zone!:grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts