Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 years without a Rubi I have pulled the trigger on a (almost) new Hellayella 2020 JLR. I am wondering where to mount a CB or other two way radio. I was n't really looking for a discussion of the pros and cons of various types of 2-way radios, just mounting location ideas. It seems that even though the rig is bigger than my old TJ, it actually has less room in it for interior stuff. But it also has stuff built in that I had to add to the TJ.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
My CB is attached to the roll bar above my head, if you go ham (ideally have both) get one with a detachable faceplate and a separation kit. My Kenwood's control head is right above the dash cluster within easy line of sight. Wherever you mount it, it should close to your line of sight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use the TeraFlex CB antenna mount on the rear tailgate of my ‘20 Rubicon JLU. About $30 from TeraFlex or any company that sells their products.
The actual mount fits perfectly on the tailgate and gives you a spare hole for a flag mount if you want. The quality is perfect and you won’t find anything better for this type of mount. I‘ve had several Jeeps with TeraFlex lifts, shocks, spare tire mounts, etc. so I’m a bit jaded toward their products but I‘ve been very happy with each one. The CB antenna mount is very basic and bolts in place using the existing top hinge bolt holes so it couldn’t be easier. The standard 18’ cable will reach to the front of a 4-door with just enough slack to allow for connections. A pretty straight forward installation with no real challenging obstacles and you’re done. Can’t recommend it high enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts