Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many Jeeps that have used a cb mount that attaches to the top of the windshield just above the rear view mirror. I don't necessarily need to get one of the consoles that run from the roll bar to the windshield, just the mount. Can anyone give me any suggestions on where I might find such a contraption?? Any help is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
128 Posts
windshield cb mount

You can get a mount from Turbo city for your windshield. Also there is some guy who posts on here that made a contraption for that. So it's up to you. I like the turbo city one, i've seen them in real life. I just want to lower my windshield easily for on the beach driving so i opted against it. I like the remote mount cb's from cobra.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I made my own, 18inX8in 1/4 in Al Diamond plate, bent it and attached to windshield frame using slide through insert crush fit aluminum retaining nuts and Grade 8 1/4 20 bolts. Had it anodized dark Blue. metal was scrap, inserts and bolts 10$, Anodizing 15$. Fits flush with roofline, ZERO rattles, Zero problems. Wish I knew the angle of the bend, but dont recall. not hard to figure out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
ROCKING_NM said:
I made my own, 18inX8in 1/4 in Al Diamond plate, bent it and attached to windshield frame using slide through insert crush fit aluminum retaining nuts and Grade 8 1/4 20 bolts. Had it anodized dark Blue. metal was scrap, inserts and bolts 10$, Anodizing 15$. Fits flush with roofline, ZERO rattles, Zero problems. Wish I knew the angle of the bend, but dont recall. not hard to figure out.
I like the sounds of that , do you have any pics ? because there is no room for a full size CB in the Rubis

·
Registered
456 Posts
No I wish I did, my 3 yr old decided to play with my digicam....in the tub. With the bracket mounted high up a full size CB fits pretty well cant see it from the outside, and doesnt obstruct the view, I'm 6'1'' and raised the seat 2''. Just take off the plastic molding from the windshield frame, it takes a little tugging but it'll come off, you'll have to drill out your footman loop, and trim the Al plate to go arround the "keyhole" for the plastic trim. The trim will also need to be trimmed for the width and thickness of the Al. Wireing was easy, found a spare fuse boss behind the glove box and routed all of the wires behind the plastic trim, the ground directly to one of the bolts in the plate, and the antenna wire was routed inside the roll bar padding, under the carpet, out to the back o the Jeep. Lemme see what I and come up with for a pic, I think my bro snapped a shot right after It was installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts