Rubicon Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
725 Posts
Couple camp spots from last weekend out farting around.

- DAA
Awesome pics. Please tell me you did a self-timer on the first one where you were mid-chop. How many takes did it take?

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
725 Posts
Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
725 Posts

·
1,783 Posts
Brr! You must have just set up camp... I don't see any chairs or butt prints on the table.
I had just woken up and got right on that fire. I had pulled my chair in for the night. I’m not a big kitchen kind of guy, especially in foul weather. I’ll post a video that shows the peacefulness.
I could only find this version...
Video - Snow Camp

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Awesome pics. Please tell me you did a self-timer on the first one where you were mid-chop. How many takes did it take?
:LOL: No, much easier than that. That ain't me! That's my buddy. I was holding the camera. He didn't know I was taking pictures. I took two or three, adjusting exposure for the moon, actually, not really worried about how the wood chopping would turn out. But the wood chopping turned out pretty cool.

- DAA

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Here's another one from the next night. Same deal. I was just trying to get the exposure right for both the moon and the steaks. Wood chopping in the background is just incidental.

That is long dead mahogany he is chopping. That stuff is harder than the back of my head. It burned hot and long with almost no smoke. Good stuff. He's going after it with a Gransfors Bruks hatchet, just because (my two handed Estwing was right there if he wanted to use it).

- DAA

·
Administrator
11,205 Posts
I've got quite a bit of live oak brush (long dead) on the property arranged to make a wind break for my antelope. A friend wanted to cut some of it for firewood, sure - cut away. Using a chain saw he worked on one limb about 24" in diameter for maybe 30 minutes and only cut about halfway. Even with a new chain it's very hard to cut. In another thousand years it'll turn into stone 🤠 .

·
Registered
84 Posts
As basic as this campsite is, I still need to unload and repack a tent, chair, sleeping mat and bag.
camping outside DV N.P. Olancha,Ca..jpeg

and is quite a load in a JLR. Not being a DD'r, I like to keep it loaded 365 days a year.
JL cargo.jpg

Camping is much easier in a self contained RV. Pretty much just open/close the door. Being retired, I keep it ready 365 also.
Campsite fire.jpeg

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,102 Posts
Gave up snow camping after leaving the Canadian Infantry. Weeks in the field in tents wher it may get up to -20 is enough to make me move to TX and never want to see snow again.

·
1,783 Posts
Fixed mag rifle... our state is so retarded.:confused:
For sure. I use the Juggernaut Hellfighter mod. I refuse to take off the so-called evil features. Fortunately, we have good reason to believe the assault weapons ban will be overturned. We may have a judgement some time after February 24, 2021. My tools are ready. I loved freedom week with the mags. I acquired 30s and ”manufactured“ all my pinned into unpinned 30s.

·
1,783 Posts
I should say. Those are two joined 10s in there now. I guess there’s a stupid stipulation where we can own 30s, but if we put them in our rifles, the mix becomes illegal. I always have my 30s for situations where illegal is irrelevant. Soon we won’t have the issue.

Reactions: mac

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ya, I can clearly see that but some may not know what they're looking at.
I went the "featureless" route with a stupid fin grip, fixed my stock, and a thread protector. I don't use anything but 30 round mags, I was fortunate enough to stock up on plenty of them back in the 1990s.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts