Rubicon Owners Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
1,906 Posts
Went to the Mojave near China Lake Naval Weapons Station...
Honey! I'm home!

Breeze blocking

Living the dream

Was joined the second night. He heard his brakes grinding on the way out and bought brakes. Must be a Jeep thing.

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
I never get tired of seeing the wide open vistas of the west. Pull off the road, set up camp, etc. Thanks for the pix Norm.

·
3,714 Posts
Beautiful camp spot! Got to love the camp repairs; way to go. Looks like F35's flying over head. We live close to Hill Air Force base and see F35s flying past our house almost daily - the sound of freedom!

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Been there, done that!
If you really want to see the local sights, go out to Trona! (not really lol). My old Jeep club used to go to Panamint Valley and camp on Thanksgiving week, and visit Panamint Springs resort on turkey day. They have a free turkey dinner for anyone who stops at the resort. They only ask for a donation. It's mostly a campground with a few cabins in the rear of the restaurant/store. But always a good place to stop at whenever in the area. Have fun out there!

·
1,906 Posts
I go out there to see nothing if I can help it. The jets are running about 7000 feet and are incidental. I have about a 5 mile view of any approaching vehicles. I’ve pleasantly found that people stay away from people camping so remotely, but I am friendly with a wave. I moved remote because it seems the rude have multiplied In the more easily accessible areas. All I want is coyotes.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
Beautiful area...

·
1,906 Posts
Nice! I always like your pics. Your tent is trademark. What camera do you use?

81 - 100 of 131 Posts