Rubicon Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
3,430 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Either, or, depending.

I'm not willing to spend much time processing. If the background is fairly straight or smooth, I'll stack, using Sequator, which is free, easy and fast. Stacking definitely gives the best results over all. But, Sequator doesn't do well at all with complicated backgrounds (like trees). So, with complicated backgrounds, I just use a single exposure and use Nik Dfine, which is also free, easy and fast, to reduce noise on a single exposure.

There are examples of both posted above. Pretty easy to guess which is which, just by the backgrounds.

- DAA

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Might be worth adding... I never man the camera for these night shots. I use an el-cheapo intervalometer ($20) and let the camera snap away while I'm asleep :D. That's why you can see me slumbering peacefully in my cot in some of the shots :D.

- DAA

·
3,430 Posts
Beautiful pics!

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,997 Posts
Out in Big Bend National Park, TX

Attachments

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,997 Posts
Beautiful pix Mike. Big Bend is an awesome place to visit!
The trick John, is to get the back country sites. The regular sites are tiny and you are on top of each other. Second trip there.

·
Administrator
10,775 Posts
We were there in our 40' motorhome at an RV campground on the west side of the park. That's one of the problems driving the big beast around, you can't set up just anywhere.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,997 Posts
I agree, and I would think with all the space there, they could spread out the camp sites a lot.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts