Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this would be as good a way of accomplishing the task as any, as everyone’s favorite thing to do is shop for Jeep parts :)

I am trying to locate someone that has at least one and preferably two Nitto Mud Grapplers in a 40x13.50x17. I am just asking for any leads that you may come across as I have tried just about everything I can think of so far.

I have found a bunch of vendors that say they have 3 in stock, but when it comes down to it they are the same 3 tires that discounttires.com had in stock and I have already ordered those. Nitto is being very non committal about a production date and evidently doesn't have the ability to check any dealers stock.

The going price on the tires is between $460 and $510 each and I would be willing to pay up to $600 for one if someone could find it for me.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Mike

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent tried Pirate yet, it was my next stop but I figured I would try here first before I go thru the turmoil of being called a NOOb and told to go F myself by some 10 year old punk web wheeler on Pirate :D

Thanks Kid, I'll give them a try too!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Melmo said:
I havent tried Pirate yet, it was my next stop but I figured I would try here first before I go thru the turmoil of being called a NOOb and told to go F myself by some 10 year old punk web wheeler on Pirate :D

Thanks Kid, I'll give them a try too!
While they do have their share of d bags, they too have vendors that go the extra mile. I'm pretty sure someone in the vendors section can get them if they exist

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey Mike, if you don't find one let me know. I know there's a tire shop right across the border in Cornwall Ontario that has a set of 4, a friend was just there 2 days ago and bought a new set of 35's. he said they had 37's and 40's. I do know that tire prices are higher in Canada, and tax is roughly %15. I'll check for you if you have no other alternatives. The sooner you get your axles done the sooner I get mine :cheesy:

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Mike, the Pep Boys in Littleton had some but I'm not sure if they had 40's. I will call them on Monday and let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Probably suffering the same backorder problems as most tire mfg. since moving production out of china, it has left them re-tooling other facilities, to build the odd size/ low production number tires.
The tire tariffs will last for two more years, so production levels will be sketchy for a while.

Keep looking, if all you need is 1 tire, there is a pretty good chance someone has one sittling on a shelf somewhere.
search or call the offroad shops, maybe you'll get lucky.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here is what I got back from RPM Racers on Pirate

Melmo,

These tires have been on back order for the better half of the year. Nitto and many other tire company's have had a hard time keeping tires into production. This was not a popular tire in Nitto's line so I would not expect to see them back into production till mid next year.

Cheers,
Justin
RPM OFFROAD

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Moscar - The Pro Rocks just got here today so your axles are one step closer :)

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone for your help thus far. If nothing else I suppose Nitto is being deluged with this request from all over the country and maybe it will help prod them into putting them into production faster :D

The search continues...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts