Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so in the spirit of Jay Dub and josh I'm going to do the slowest cage build right up known to man :lildevil:
using top secret materials and parts no one has ever heard about :avid:
for version 1.0 I initially started with an invisible adamantium material very light extremely strong but as you can clearly see I didn't like the look :bs:

so for now it's back to the drawing board
version 2.5 will be loosely based on a T-200 combat chassis
stand by

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
OH....I heard about that stuff. The government doesn't want us to know about it. I think it's one of those....conspiracies. Must be that fiber optic stuff makin in invisible. In my opinion....it's alien technology. :pBR:

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
looks like one of the JD Gators!! HAHA interesting to see this write up tic toc tic toc

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
well you've already shafted yourself out of the slowest buildup known to man....you needed to wait till next year to post a picture :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
hahahaha

Sold my Rock Hard cage today. I guess I probably should not put any photos or design ideas for my new cage up though. Seems there is an unofficial slowest build contest now....

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
yes, we wait with baited breath for the day he actually gets a weld on it :D

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
made a little progress today
brown dropped off some of this (oohh yea liquid metal baby)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
after a lot of hard work i ended up with this

I may attempt to weld it to something but then again maybe not
I think I'll just wait for JayDub to make his next move before I continue
I would hate to loose the slow build battle :sleeping:

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sleepsontoilet said:
I've got ya beat bud. The cell is still sitting in the garage. Haha. Are you building a cradle for the seats?
mine is as well, hey do you know if atx makes a cell cradle for that cell? are they one off or do they stock them how about a contact #
yes the seats will be tied in

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I ordered mine Monday. It was $175 and comes with a free battery box. The frame pieces were $125. I found their # under misc on PBB. There are pics of it under stretch it. I went by Ross' Sunday and that rig is just sick. He said the jimmys 4x4 mount wasn't built good. The holes didn't line up right, etc. Plus I prefer the looks of ATX's mount. I believe it's page 8-10 on his build where it shows the mount ATX sells. Here's their number (806) 674-0383

On my iPhone or I'd post pics.

·
3,633 Posts
murphy said:
sleepsontoilet said:
I've got ya beat bud. The cell is still sitting in the garage. Haha. Are you building a cradle for the seats?
mine is as well, hey do you know if atx makes a cell cradle for that cell? are they one off or do they stock them how about a contact #

Murphy, are you saying that you've found a pre-bent seat cradle? If so, please share the find as this is something I also want to do, but without a bender (or someone near with one), I thought I would be waiting a little while.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
do they have rubber liner inserts for the fuel tank hold down to cut down on squeaks and wear?

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mouse said:
murphy said:
sleepsontoilet said:

Murphy, are you saying that you've found a pre-bent seat cradle? If so, please share the find as this is something I also want to do, but without a bender (or someone near with one), I thought I would be waiting a little while.

Thanks.
no i wish on the cradle, its gonna have to be built

1 - 20 of 31 Posts