Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was really set on getting a new Poison Spyder sport cage, but then I started looking around and got mixed reviews about the Pillar being a pain.

So is it a pain to get in an out of? Is the tube through the dash in the way of a clutch pedal?

Any thoughts?

And lastly, how does one paint the one that goes through the dash? All the directions i have read shows it installed through the dash, but does not seem like it would easily come out to paint after welding?

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I did mine through the dash. I have an auto so can't answer about the clutch but I doubt it would be in the way.
We painted the bars before welding as mine is welded to the floor. Then painted the rest once the cage was finished.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep I Went trough the dash. Painted what would be behind the dash before final welding. I did not really care what it looked like behind the dash but just wanted some protection against rust

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I have an AtoZ fabrication cage, that goes through the floor with a 6-speed, and I do not find the bar to be in the way for the clutch.
AtoZ runs down through the drain hole, I am not sure what Poison Spider does, but I would imagine it would be the same or similar.

·
Registered
187 Posts
jciocco said:
I have an AtoZ fabrication cage, that goes through the floor with a 6-speed, and I do not find the bar to be in the way for the clutch.
AtoZ runs down through the drain hole, I am not sure what Poison Spider does, but I would imagine it would be the same or similar.
x2 i'm 5'10 and the bar isnt in the way of my clutch foot. I feel the cage going through the dash is stronger that being bolted to the pillar. Mine runs through the drain plug hole and to a frame bracket

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool info, thanks.

So I went ahead and contracted Zach at A to Z,

does anyone have any better pics of their AtoZ cage? His web site only show the areal picture and its hard to see any gussets, or dash bar stuff.

·
Registered
187 Posts
that pic above is a shot of there custom work. If you click on my jeep pic in my sig and scroll through a little you'll find some detailed pics. I just had the front half of there sport cage done and they did all the work. Zach's good people and they do good work

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Call zach or e-mail, they will do just about any thing you want.
I had them do both the front and rear, I even had him add in some extra bars.

I can take some pictures this weekend if the weather permits.

I was very pleased with his work, and how things turned out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys,

yeah I called Zach and made an appointment. Now I need to start finding pics of cages so that I can give him exactly how I want it. I understand why he does the hoop up front, but I sort of like the double straight bars most comapanies use.

Is there anything else you guys really like or wish you had added to your cage?

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Here are some pics of what mine looked like. I was happy with the design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts