Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife gave me permission to sell here 2004 Audi Quatro A4 Convertible so getting pricing on a 2011 Sahara 4 door color Sahara Tan with matching colored roof

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not there yet but a step closer

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I only have 3 word: Ru Bi Con!

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
I have a co-worker who has one of those. She really likes it. I ain't sat in it yet, but sure looks nice

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Yep...if you can get the Rubicon. We have a 4 door X and wish very much that it was a Rubicon.

·
Registered
675 Posts
provfirescott said:
... with matching colored roof
Ask if there are any reported issues with the paint sticking to the top. I read this on another site - "My salesperson told me that there were problems with the paint on the matching tops - apparently it wasn't sticking."

Just FYI

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well cant get hardtop colored in the Rubicon nor the matching flares,this is going to be DD and beach vehicle so no need for Rubi.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
That picture of the river crossing looks like the crossing that heads off towards Imogene Pass from the road to Governor Basin outside of Ouray. The bridge in the background is functional, but fording is waaay more fun!!! Enjoy your new Jeep.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know where I can actually get dealer pricing so I can walk in with guns loaded

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it true the 2012 are getting a different engine?

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
provfirescott said:
Is it true the 2012 are getting a different engine?
2 good sources I know ......( Penstar 3.6L will make its debut in the 2012 Jeep Wrangler. )
:shh:

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
I'd wait for the new engine...

I like the color-matched hardtop in tan... I think it looks really sharp. But I'd get a rubi in tan and paint the top with a reputatable painter who will warranty the work. I'd also have same painter paint the fenders (if you like the sahara look). It's easy to make a Rubi look like a Sahara... much harder to make a Sahara run like a Rubi.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I should wait?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kidmugg said:

I like the color-matched hardtop in tan... I think it looks really sharp. But I'd get a rubi in tan and paint the top with a reputatable painter who will warranty the work. I'd also have same painter paint the fenders (if you like the sahara look). It's easy to make a Rubi look like a Sahara... much harder to make a Sahara run like a Rubi.
You read my mind today...... was thinking same thing!

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
kidmugg said:

most excellent idea!

in 92 my YJ Wrangler had the hardtop painted ....it still looks awesome ( know the owners )

the Paint shop the dealer I used did the work and it was covered under warranty
in Vegas ...there are many JK`s with the painted hardtop.
i was quoted $900.00 to paint match my silver Rubi
it`s not been a priority for me...so I`ve not taken action on getting it done.
:wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts