Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the reminder. I saw the rear was tight when I crawled under during my inspection. Is this the basic 5 tire rotation for MT tires? Thanks
Unknown.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A lot of the JK aftermarket bumpers are designed to work with the factory hitch. I would try to find the listing for your bumper and it will probably state that it does. You can get a hitch from any 4x4 website, amazon, etc. I think mine was around $50 and they attach with 4 bolts.
I purchased a Draw-Tite hitch and it installed easily with 4 bolts just like you stated. A couple of ratcheting wrenches and 5 minutes. Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
There is also a wiring harness available, simply tees into the left rear brake light wiring and extends down to the hitch. It is the 4 wire flat plug design. The hitch is available with or without the harness, I ended up ordering mine separately.

Reactions: Mouse and KMG

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
She tows very well considering the short wheel base and being lifted. I couldn't be happier with the combination. I got home around 1:00 today and my buddy said he was done with his construction dumpster and if I wanted to throw away crap I could. I dumped three trailer loads full of junk left behind by the previous owners. Great example of why I purchased a trailer with side walls. I didn't have the trailer wiring yet, thanks for the tip on the plug and play harness.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Like many things in life, you either get it and love Jeeps or you don't get it and can't understand why any one would pay that much for an uncomfortable minimally equipped limited use vehicle. Both my 05 and 15 Jeeps ride fine to me. Actually they ride better than I thought they would. My lifted 15 handles very similar to how my 05 did after installing an Antirock front sway bar. When I was young, I owned a 1976 CJ5. It was a rough riding rust bucket I loved. I drove it 1,500 miles to a job in FL sleeping in a tent anywhere I could pull off the backroads and crash out. No top just a bimini cover over your head. It would pour rain and I didn't care. It was 100 degrees and I didn't care. It was an uncomfortable POS but I remember it fondly still. Life is great and owning a Jeep just makes it a little better!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts