Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Rubi is now the proud bearer of front and rear Durango Bumpers.

So much more to do...

G

·
0 Posts
I ahve that Durnago Rear system, and have been pleased with it.

It took a heck of a bang this weekend, one that certainly may have done in a lesser product.

I like the look of their front too.

(I actually have no idea who made my front as I bought it from a private individual that certainly had no clue what they had for like $45....)

Some have told me that it is a Currie, but I have no idea.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I had to drill 8 holes in all. The Bumper is made to mount with 4 bolts to the rear frame rail on each side. Factory TJ has only 2 they where easy enough.

The hard ones where the frame support brackets, they come through the back and bend with the frame, had to drill out 2 holes per side and use self taping bolts supplied with the bumper.

All in all Im impressed with the front bumper for its price, not gonna say there arent better fronts out there, but Ill give the rear bumper BIG thumbs up for its strength and weight.

I looked at several front and rear bumpers and it was a hard choice to make. What made it was the fact the durango can have the rear tire carrier added later, a big plus and the reciver point has built in safety chain hooks if requested. Reciver is rated 10k lbs, though when Ill ever have that much force/weight behind my jeep is beyond me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts