Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some advise on replacing the current rubber bump stops on the rear with slightly longer ones? do the factory yellow ones pop out, or are they bolted in? I do have an aluminum 2 inch extension already installed, so my thought was to replace the factory yellow bump stops with a longer Daystar or some other polyurethane stops. I only need to extend the bump stops about 1/2 inch. Thanks for you assistance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Daystar polyurethane one listed for the TJ looks like it has a stud that comes out of it.....can you recommend a longer push in replacement?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
you could just buy a longer bolt and toss some thick washers on to add lenght and then drop the stock bump stop on.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Mine went on in place of the stockers, and the stockers were then put back on (on top). In essence, they are "spacers".

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
You just grab the current bump stop and yank on it.

Instead of buying the rubber/plastic bump stock extenders, I made these out of rolled aluminum stock. My plan was if the bump stop ever fell out, I can easily get a stock version from the junk yard instead of paying $30+ for aftermarket.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The daystar extended ones that are a direct replacement (+1.5"?) are VERY stiff.
I had a set and sold them. They are the same ones Rubicon Express used to sell.

I'd use longer bolts and spacers to move the factory cup and bumpstop down. You can use body lift pucks, drill a hole in a hockey puck, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I just bought the RE ones. They were pretty cheap. I did find putting them back in was harder than expected so I ended up using the bottle jack the Jeep came with to "press" them in. Worked like a dream.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts