Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

I got some LED rear lights with the new flasher relay that are on the way, but my front lights are still the OME bulbs. Will this front bulbs and rear LED's cause any problems once everything is hooked up? Do I need to upgrade the front bulbs to LED's too? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Not sure if you're planning on replacing the markers with LED's as well. When I replaced the stock marker bulbs with LED's I ran into a flashing issue. I'd already replaced the flasher when I put in the rear LED bulbs, so I know that wasn't the issue. From what I've read, there is a resistance issue with the way the markers are wired. I haven't had the time or energy to fully dive into it, so I'm still rocking the stock marker bulbs for now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I replaced the flasher relay with the new one that came with the kit and although it corrected the hyper flash the relay continued to make that clicking noise 4 to 5 times after the turn signal was moved to the center. I rechecked all my grounds and connections. I read about EP27 and EP26 relays. But in the end, it was a Novita LM470 relay that corrected the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts