Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas of who's products work the best and if it's a good idea to mix and match. I'm in no rush but would like some advice on who's coils, who's arms and so on so I can start piecing stuff together. Looking for a lift of about 4" and maybe a 1" body lift thrown in for good measure.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
There are some great kits out there, however, some kits are missing some parts, some kits have too many parts, and some kits have parts I don't particularily care for.

That is why I pieced my system together from many manufacturers and I am very happy with it.

Decide what important factors (trails run, tire size, commute, etc...) need to be considered and then research all of the various manufacturers and their components to see which fit your requirements.

Then ask questions about each of specific components on this forum and you will get some great answers.

Good luck,

Ken

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the RE 4.5 SF, but the Jks quicker disconnects were a big improvement

·
Registered
478 Posts
I used mostly pro-comp stuff, their coils are cost effective and their track bar relocate stuff works. I have no bump steer at all, total bolt in. But if I was gonna do it all again I'd get a Rubicon Express skid plate and long arms with pro-comp coils and track bar relocate stuff. pro-comp stuff is cheap in canada, well here at least. get some front disco's and take the rear SWAY bar off. Shocks, Rancho or pro-comp make a few different options.

·
Registered
478 Posts
A thousand sorries master. SWAY BAR, take off the rear sway bar!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just didn't want some newbie jacking up his Jeep and yanking it out. Could happen :wink:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I did what Ramtuff said and my rear diff fell off while wheeling!!!! Was this supposed to happen??? LOL i read it earlier and didnt even catch that :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
oh, thats gonna leave a mark. :( Stuipid is as stuipid does Mr. Gump. :oops:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the decision has been made it will be RE 3.5 SF.So now the only thing I'm debating is who's disco's JKS or Tera. Thanks for all the input. Like I said no rush because I want to get my OBA set up first.

Adam

G

·
0 Posts
See I'm not the only one that has a hard time making a decision about things. :lol:

I went with the JKS, but the tera's are quality to, all depends on if you want adjustable or non adjustable.

Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts