Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a 2" budget boost (spring spacers) and a set of disconects as my first mods....I was wondering about the shocks. With the 2" spacer the stock shocks will be too short. What size of shock should I look for?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would get the RE Budget boost kit..........It comes with everything....

IF you are just looking for shocks then I would go with a Skyjacker Softride...........22"long for the front and 20" maybe 19" for the rear.

Good shock at a good price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
LILRDJP,

I'll be working in Ottawa for the next couple of months. I was thinkin of driving down to the NY area over a weekend to pickup a few items for my Rubicon.

Do you know any stores that carry jeep stuff, thats fairly close to Ottawa area? I figure driving down to the US and picking up the stuff will save me from paying duty and shipping costs.

I'm lookin to pick up Rock Rails, and OME lift.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If you are coming to Ottawa then you can order anything from anywhere and get it shipped to Mail boxes Ect in upperstate NY..........

Let me know if you are wanting to get somestuff....There is also a company here in Ottawa that can order your stuff..........

We will have to hook up when you come to Ottawa if you have time.

G

·
0 Posts
The Rubi's come with a 1.5" over 'stock' spring and shock. Thursday I spoke with Jim at Teraflex and he said that the stock shocks would accomodate a 1.5" BB because the stock shocks on the Rubi are longer than stock shocks on the other TJ's. I'm going with a BB and no after market shocks. If you do order aftermarket shocks you will need to order 3-4" lift shocks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sorry I have to disagree skyjacker shocks suck! They ride very stiff. THeir coils are soft and cushy, but their shocks are what makes them ride bad. I have heard great things about OME(abotu to install the set that arrived tonight:D)....and DT I have run and liked alot. You can get the DT's w/ the RE BB like everone said...which is nice setup.

BTW ..I don't care what Jim at tera said...I have pics I can post if you liek shwoing the piss poor flex of my rubi w/ OEM shocks and a BB. Thats why I have decided to go w/ new shocks sooner than planned. Wanted to hold off til I got my "Real" lift, but the flex sucked too bad.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Shock selection is like buying a new pair of jeans..........It is what ever you are happy with..................I like the Skyjacker shocks as I find they ride smooth..........However I would not put a SJ spring in my jeep if it was given to me..........Once again it is whatever you like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts