Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm not the only one with a broken defrost vent cover. That cheap plastic mesh seems to dry rot and crack everywhere. Here's a simple fix I did and it turned out really nice looking for just over $10.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Great idea. I'll have to file it for future reference.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,083 Posts
Great idea, and nice clean look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the only one with a broken defrost vent cover. That cheap plastic mesh seems to dry rot and crack everywhere. Here's a simple fix I did and it turned out really nice looking for just over $10.

Hi, I found this post and was wondering what you did for a fix? The pictures are no longer available, so I'm curious.

·
3,563 Posts
OP hasn't been on the forum for over 2 years. Not hopeful that you'll get a reply

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
He says "I just used metal snips to cut the mesh and black caulk to keep it in place."

Seems pretty straightforward. Find some mesh you like, trim to fit and goop in place.

- DAA

·
Registered
3 Posts
He says "I just used metal snips to cut the mesh and black caulk to keep it in place."

Seems pretty straightforward. Find some mesh you like, trim to fit and goop in place.

- DAA
Sorry, I missed that. Makes sense. Was just hoping to see his results. I think I'm going to use a similar approach. I've owned my Jeep since 2007 and have replaced the defrost vent twice. Tired of spending the money on the fragile design.

Thanks for the response.

·
3,563 Posts
Very well done!

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,083 Posts
Cool idea...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts