Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I am in the correct section to ask this question.

I have 2021 Rubicon Diesel with just over 5K. My brake pedal has what I feel is a tremendous amount of travel. I have had 2 dealers look at it and "its a Jeep thing" seems to be the answer. Give the pedal 1 pump and it comes up pretty solid. It is bad enough that my wife drove it for the first time today and there was panic in here eyes when she hit the brakes for the first time. This is my first jeep so I was not sure if it was normal. All my experience has been with things that are lower to the ground and go fast. So I have driven with over heated brakes before and it is a similar feeling.

My question is this a normal thing? My other vehicle is Silverado 1500 with a 6.2 and that thing has a solid pedal. There is such a dramatic difference between the 2.
Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so did you find a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
It doesn't sound normal at all. But I don't know what kind of assist the diesel uses.

- DAA

Reactions: Mouse

·
3,746 Posts
Definitely not normal. I second Dave's question - what kind of booster does it have?

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Maybe renglish can give a professional opinion but it sure doesn't sound right to me either.

·
Registered
715 Posts
No not right. I have been in many JL/JT's both diesel and gas, they all stop normally.
Most new cars from any manufacture, if you sit in them and press hard on the pedal, the pedal will go quite low but on normal driving it should be up high and responsive.
If it feels good on the second pump then internet diagnosis would be air in the system. Jeep's need to be gravity bled, then bled with a scan tool, then gravity bled again.
This gets missed when most shops do a lift that requires a brake line removal.

Are you near your selling dealer? If so get ahold of your salesman and arrange a test drive on a different Jeep to compare.
Phone customer service, the number is in your owners package , explain your situation. They usually will help out.
Was your Jeep always like this?

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,269 Posts
I agree sounds just like when i had some air in the lines on my black LJ after a shop did the vanco big brake kit (frozen/rusted/broken bolts and no lift prevented me from doing it.) Bleeding really helped.

Reactions: johncanfield
1 - 7 of 7 Posts