Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked all this up at a local store... Now I just need to learn how to use it:grin2:
RCBS has a rebate going on until the end of THIS month. I'll be getting $175 back from this purchase:smile2:

I also received 1000 rounds each 38 SPL and .357 Magnum target rounds by FedEx. Time to make brass!

Attachments

·
3,385 Posts
Nice! Don't mix up pistol with rifle powder...

·
3,367 Posts
Well you have found the "jeep" of the shooting world............ Get ready for years of habitual spending of dollars and fun! I have a similar kit, but with the digital scales and powder measure. A couple years ago I also added a Hornady LNL setup. Check out In-Line Fabrications. This guy makes and peddles some very good and useful stuff. The bases and handles he makes are very well thought out.

·
Administrator
10,689 Posts
I've thought about getting into reloading off and on for years. I have a buddy here that reloads black powder for old-time long guns - he's part of a group that gets together and shoot. I don't know if it's action shooting or target shooting or what.

Keep us posted on your reloading adventures.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Thought you just poured the powder down the barrel and tamped in a wad and ball, John.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Outstanding! That setup will last you many years and provide hours and hours hobby time! Other than color, my single stage setup is very similar and some of it is 40 years old.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
He's not done yet. When he tires of that press he will want a progressive and really make some ammo. I've got 4 presses for doing various things but most of the time it's the progressive. I have two more RCBS presses my son brought me. He was doing an electrical job and the guy asked him if he wanted them. He thought of me and now I have them. They are old and need some cleaning and liquid wrench. They are not progressive. Thought about making one 50cal. I don't know though. I'd rather ride my bike, plus I have enough ammo to take out the neighborhood. What I need is a couple good looking women that can shoot and cook to watch the back once the uprising begins. LOL

·
Registered
516 Posts
He's not done yet. When he tires of that press he will want a progressive and really make some ammo. I've got 4 presses for doing various things but most of the time it's the progressive. I have two more RCBS presses my son brought me. He was doing an electrical job and the guy asked him if he wanted them. He thought of me and now I have them. They are old and need some cleaning and liquid wrench. They are not progressive. Thought about making one 50cal. I don't know though. I'd rather ride my bike, plus I have enough ammo to take out the neighborhood. What I need is a couple good looking women that can shoot and cook to watch the back once the uprising begins. LOL
A couple Women? I am fine with disappointing one at a time.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Premium Member
972 Posts

·
Administrator
10,689 Posts
Had breakfast with my buddy who reloads and yes, it is a cartridge with black powder as JKP pointed out. I think he said it's a 45-70 round? Something like that, it's a period (late 1800s) firearm reproduction. I might have the details messed up since I'm not into antique firearms or reloading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts