Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Some big changes coming down the pike.
A little Tease
Organism Font Circle Number Art

Smile Rectangle Font Circle Art

I am still waiting for Steve at ORO to get me some more AirBags, unfortunately the ones currently installed are dry rotted and falling apart. If I don't have a set when I get back from Germany, I am going to see where a fellow Club member got his and he built his own system.

As I I needed a better drill to install the GenRight goodies, I took advantage of some Father Day sales and snagged the following.
Milwaukee M18 18 V 1/2 in. Brushless Cordless Compact Drill Kit (Battery & Charger)
and
Milwaukee 18 V 1/2 in. Cordless Brushless Impact Wrench Kit (Battery & Charger)
So I have 3 batteries and 2 Chargers now.

I am hoping they have the torque I need to do what I need to do, but from lots of previous comments on this forum, I am confident they will be really good.

I will admit, I might just rock this jeep in @bbusch style and not paint the aluminum
:LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Have you done a big brake upgrade?
I have not. I will say, I have never run into a situation where I felt I needed them and I out at least 50,000 miles on my last jeep with 37s
I had cutting brakes on my last jeep, and those worked great for the situations you use them and they never had any issues either.
So I will stick with the Black magic pads and rotors. They work great.

I have always wanted to get the creepy crawlers

looks like a fun project

And you will be happy wit the red tools, I am.
There was plenty of positive comments on this forum that made it an easy decision, especially when the sale came out.
Still not inexpensive, but worth it.

I am hoping to get the rear corners done this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Milwaukee Drill was great and allowed me to get the passenger rear corner done.
Genright changed their design at some point and now it goes under the hinges which adds 4 more mount points.
That added some additional time, but worked out well.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I am pleased with them. But sadly, now I want matching rocker guards. I guess that was part of their plan.
LOL

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Home Depot had a couple more Milwaukee tools I wanted in stock.
Damn Father's day sales are killing me.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Got the other side done.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille

There was a lot of empty space under the driver side LiteDot so I decided to put the license plate back under there.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

I am very happy with the results. Moving on to the fronts

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,522 Posts
just wax around anywhere you drilled. This is an awesome product Daubert Chemical Company X121B.
If you look at the front fenders where I drilled to install the tank, I sprayed the fender in 2005 and no rust.
Take the corners off, spray both sides of the tub for every hole you drilled and reattach. Otherwise you will rust from the inside out. Also seal with Caulk around the plate and fender. Water and dirt will get in and abrade the paint and the steel will quickly rust due to galvanic corrosion (2 different metals in contact).

·
Administrator
11,797 Posts
..Also seal with Caulk around the plate and fender. Water and dirt will get in and abrade the paint and the steel will quickly rust due to galvanic corrosion (2 different metals in contact).
Exactly! I put a bead of silicon sealant along the top of the corner armor.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Already ahead of you guys on the rust proofing.
I actually painted everything after I took the flares off and will be using sealant on the top.
Do people use it on the Vertical edges? Like the ones to the right and left of the tailgate, or the edge behind the doors?

Reactions: mac

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Got all of the cutting done today,
Now it's time to re-cut things to make everything fit properly

Pic of the new Milwaukee Hotness to begin
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

The cut
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Yellow

and the scrap pile
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Looks like I have to notch these areas where the corner of the battery tray is and the same thing on the driver side and then I should be able to bolt things up.
Their template was off for the fender. Once I get the clearance at the fender liner I will verify that and hack off what I need.

Sadly, I ran out of time and leave for a business trip this week. I may work on it after work tomorrow,

161 - 173 of 173 Posts