Rubicon Owners Forum banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Yes she does, which is why I can crawl up so much stuff.
It's rare when I am not getting 4 wheels worth of solid traction.

As Yoda would say,
Build a Good Jeep, you have.
LOL

I like how the rig is getting used out on the trail and as a daily. The recent upgrades you added are nice and u definitely don’t need 37’s to keep up. 😉

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Boo Boo is at Quadratec being used for a Photo Shoot. They needed a TJ with Stock Seats for some product shots.
So he got all cleaned up yesterday in preparation.
The life of a Model LOL
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood

Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,522 Posts
Wow you transgendered Blue, "SHE"!

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,522 Posts
They both have sticks in the same place... how can a jeep with an intake be male?
:p

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Got 2 weekends of 4 wheeling coming up.
19th is Black/red trails
26th I am guiding a bunch of Gladiators on some easier trails.

I should be hitting the trails at least twice a month for the rest of the year.

At some point I will be starting a Moab thread.
I think fall will work out schedule wise and that should be better temperature wise.
I am 100% open to suggestions from Moab veterans

·
Registered
876 Posts
I am looking at fall for Moab also. It will have been 3 years so I am already looking forward to it.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·

·
Administrator
11,797 Posts
--snip--
I am 100% open to suggestions from Moab veterans
My former club had a good system worked out but we would have up to 80-90 (or more) participants at a rally. We ran trails from easy to hard core for each skill level and had a signup sheet for each day and each trail. All trails were pre-run to minimize any surprises and to re-familiarize trail leaders with the trail.

At the appointed time, participants would meet at a particular location and the trail leader would give any tips, instructions, comms info, etc.

My favorite trail is 7 Mile Rim which is suitable for even the less experienced but provides a few mild challenges and some Oh My moments when near the end off-camber on the slickrock. For the experienced, Wipeout Hill provides great fun at the trail end.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Anyone have a spare AiROCK airbag?

My passenger front gave up the ghost where the bag meets the lower mount.
I called ORO, but Firestone doesn't sell them anymore so he is coming up with a modified solution but it may not be ready for a couple of weeks.
😢

Other than that I did have a fun day on Saturday in some horrible weather. I ended up doing serious Math with a snatch block to extract people 4 different times while my jeep was behind theirs.

I will give mad Props to my Q-Tec winch. It performed flawlessly.

·
Administrator
11,797 Posts
Our coach had four very large airbags, I think in the 17 years of owning it (now sold) we had to replace at least two leaking bags.

Reactions: mac

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
At the moment, The york is compensating enough offroad, where I think I can wheel the next event but it is definitely not street worthy at the moment.
I have a Fun Raiser event on June 4, which I really do not want to miss.
Worse Case Scenario is I wheel the Gladiator on milder trails but I would prefer to do this event with the TJR

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,522 Posts
A 4" bag might work, only slightly less length, biggest difference is the metal parts, which you have. BTW you use threaded rod through it for mounting, 1/2" I think. Best to pick some up and replace it when you replace the bags.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
This arrived yesterday,

So I now have the proper tools to help me swap out the AirBag and do Trail Repairs.
I know I could have gotten a Hi-Lift Jack for waaaaaaay Cheaper, but I always hated them.

·
Administrator
11,797 Posts
High Lift jacks are designed for farm and ranch use - primarily for pulling fence posts. The business has tried to market the jack for a number of uses for which it is really not suitable.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,522 Posts
Never had an issue with high lifts, but I use a jackmate and other aftermarket things to make the jack safer. I am an addict and have a problem, I have to mod my jack...

141 - 160 of 173 Posts