121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
They are so pretty when they are new
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

One thing that was weird, was that the new bolts did not have 8mm Hex heads. I had to use 11/32 socket to get them installed on the T-Case side. As short as I am, I was able to reach back there to get the old one off and the new one on.
I just needed to remove the engine skid plate.
Was thankful I did not have to drop the T-Case Skid on the RE kit.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Put the engine skid back on and then installed some new tail lights.
I was given some ORO Lite dots for free. And since I am kind of an ORO fan boy, I just could not say no.

I had to off center the license plate light since my license plate without the holder is literally just under the light

They do look good
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Tire Hood Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

I need to polish and buff out the corners.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
OK I am CDO
That's OCD Alphabetized
After looking at the above pictures, I just could not take the license plate light being off center.
Sooooooooooo
I notched the license plate and centered the light. This should also keep the Po Po off my ass since it lights all 4 letters the same and they can't say they can't read it

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Clock Font

·
Registered
773 Posts
LED lights are okay in PA? Do you have a annual inspection?

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Yup and yup
i never had issues passing inspection with the lights and the only thing the cops care about is that the lights work and specifically that the license plate is illuminated

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,344 Posts
Looking good

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
That rig is setup well so it’s no surprise it’s a badass on the trail. That blue color is killer.

Only thing missing in this thread is a video of you laughing like a joker climbing a rock with your middle finger extended.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,344 Posts
That rig is setup well so it’s no surprise it’s a badass on the trail. That blue color is killer.

Only thing missing in this thread is a video of you laughing like a joker climbing a rock with your middle finger extended.
Thanks, I spent a lot of time building it.

Reactions: bbusch and elff

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Got a picture of the new LEDs in the daytime.
Jeep is looking as good as it drives. Buying this Rubicon has been some of the best money I have ever spent.

Another big shout out to @Elwarpo . Thanks !!!

I will be doing some mild trails this saturday. Gonna Trail Lead a bunch of newbies,
Then on New Years Day we will be doing some Rock Crawling on a mix of middle level trails and a few Black rated ones. Those are considered 8+ for those who wheel in the mid west.
So I have definitely been putting this to good use offroad and it still drives like a hot knife through butter for my work commute

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
11,568 Posts
Good looking rig. I like the tread pattern in your tires.

Reactions: bbusch

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I am super impressed with these tires.
I air them down to 12 psi and they crawl up everything. Been really good on wet rocks, and they clear and get through mud very well too. Definitely not a Super Swamper, but I avoid that type of mud.

Other thing is they balanced with only a few stick on weights and drive very nicely on the street.

If anyone is looking for new tires, I highly recommend these Yokohama's

·
Administrator
11,568 Posts
Looks good, I had the very same on my Rubi. The tray in the center of the top bars makes a dandy place for a radio or a remote speaker for a dash mounted 2-way radio.

Reactions: Mouse

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
That's my plan as well. It's perfect

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Another great day of wheeling. Best way to start the new year. It was drizzling all day, and rained hard only a few times, which made for some slippery rocks, but it did not seem to faze the jeep at all. I am currently running 12psi offroad which is working well.

Buddy of mine got a couple of good pictures.
I got some really nice compliments on the vehicle and it's capability. We started in a bigger group doing mid level trails, but then 5 of us split off to do some harder stuff. I was in a group of people on 37s and was the only one on 35s. Did everything the guys on 37s did.

Anyway, Pics.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,344 Posts
She always flexed amazing...

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Yes she does, which is why I can crawl up so much stuff.
It's rare when I am not getting 4 wheels worth of solid traction.

As Yoda would say,
Build a Good Jeep, you have.
LOL

I have finally some ORO parts on the way.
New Swayloc to AiRock harness as that optical sensor in the old one failed, and sadly, I killed the passenger front control arm sensor this past trip. So once that is replaced, the driver front sensor may be the only remaining original control arm sensor, as it has a purple arm. :ROFLMAO:
Also have the Emergency Repair Kit on the way.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
New SwayLoc to AiROCK Harness is installed
New York Compressor is installed
New Passenger Front AiROCK Sensor is installed
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Toy Bicycle part Suspension

Recalibrated everything and am Ready for the next trip.

All is tested and now I have a bunch of spare parts so I can repair just about everything but a blown Airbag on the Trails.

I miss Demo Mode.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts