21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think this is what I may end up having to do

LUMPY85 said:
Pop the cover off, loosen the 4 bearing caps about 1/4 inch, pry carrier out until it stops (maybe 3/16) then put plunger switch back in, i wiggled the plate that it goes into. push carrier back in and tighten carrier bearing bolts and check locker switch.
From the following thread

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Then it appears that the PCM is indeed looking for a ground - operate the rear locker, pull the connector going to the locker switch and ground it. If the locker light works then it's that switch. I don't have a light on my D60 rear (of course) - it is a bit annoying since the front locker light does work.

Reactions: elff

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks, I will give that a shot.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got some updates.

First one you can't see. I got my Yukon rear Axle shafts installed and now have the stockers for trail spares.

Upgraded the headlights with some Quadratec Heated Led Projector Headlights[Made in U.S.A.]
These are like turning on the Sun.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
First run of paint correction combined with a new MasterTop Ultimate Summer Combo in MasterTwill® Fabric [Made in the USA]

Just look at how it shines! The color is freaking amazing. It changes depending on how the light hits it.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Upcoming Preview
Last update for the interior is to install a new Car Play compatible double din radio
Got a new switch panel so I could work on it outside the jeep and will be replacing the power section with 2 powered USB ports.
\

Upcoming exterior updates include installing a new OffRoadOnly Swayloc with the grease port to lube between inner and outer bars, sanding and repainting the front bumper and installing a Quadratec Q-Performance 10,000 lb Stealth Winch with Synthetic Rope

Once these last updates are done, it's time to go Rock Crawling!

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I replaced all of my stereo system this year, the new double DIN that connects to anything sure is nice.

- DAA

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Reactions: Desert Dog

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Are those Jeeperman sliders? I have a set of Jeeperman's on my TJ Unlimited. I wish they were still in business so I could get a set for my TJ too.
Yes they are. I know some other companies make similar products, but the Jeeperman's were always great quality and take a beating.

Is the color Midnight Blue like my LJ?
It's Patriot Blue. In certain light, it has a purple ting to it.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,269 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The rear light does flash. It just never goes solid. The front one goes solid.
Since the locker works, Ive been lazy and have not done any troubleshooting.
i did mount the pumps to the driver rear wheel well inside a little box I custom built.
tomorrow Im gonna upgrade the stereo.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Stereo install was interesting.
The wiring and connections were cake. Crutchfield for the win. They splice the new radio’s connector to an adapter for the stock plug. So I literally unplugged the old radio, unplugged the old harness.
plugged in the new harness, antenna and the USB ports. I had to do a little more dremmel work than I expected. Apparently fits your vehicle is subjective.
i had to cut out the plastic piece that is above the AC controls that the stock radio must have rested on.
Got a whole new center section of the Dash custom fitted for the stereo and moved over the AiRock controller

ok long introduction for a shameless pic

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

And some close ups of the different features. Its going to be awesome to have street maps and use Gia Maps for off-road on the bigger screen
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Steering part
Motor vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Steering part Steering wheel
Car Gear shift Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Crutchfield isn't the cheapest but you cannot beat their service, they are my first go-to for vehicle electronics.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I agree completely. I love Crutchfield and learned ages ago just how good their installation kits are.
To me, Its worth every penny. Once it's installed, it looks like it came that way and looks better than some OEM installs.
I could have saved maybe $50, but then spent hours with final alignment and slicing/soldering wires.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,269 Posts
Not a crutchfield fan, had an issuein the past and their customer service sucked.

Lets see the air locker box you made.

Reactions: mac

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I'll take a pic when I get home.
It's a first attempt so it's not great, but it will prevent the nipples for the air lines from being broken and them from bouncing around.
I want to make it longer to protect the wires and lines a little more

21 - 40 of 84 Posts