Rubicon Owners Forum banner
261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
Changed all the fluids in the Jeep today and I have to say, I was really amazed at how good the Royal Purple looked in the diffs. I almost feel like I wasted money. But it's good to change that in case it got contaminated as I did go through some deep muddy water a bunch of times.
@Elwarpo I put that massive oil filter on this time around. That thing takes 1/2 quart of oil by itself
:ROFLMAO:
I greased everything that had a zerk on it today, so tomorrow I have to re-install the front D.S. and put a new nylon lock nut on the passenger front Airbag's lower mount. That is such a pita. I am not looking forward to that, but will have some help from some of my Rock Crawling buddies.

I am also going to drill 4 holes in my frame. 2 on each side where it starts to bend. This is for drainage. The frame on this jeep is in such good shape, this will allow it to drain and not rust from the inside out which is pretty common on East Coast jeeps. Kind of stupid how jeep added holes that allow **** to get into the frame, but not the opposite

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,589 Posts
Changed all the fluids in the Jeep today and I have to say, I was really amazed at how good the Royal Purple looked in the diffs. I almost feel like I wasted money. But it's good to change that in case it got contaminated as I did go through some deep muddy water a bunch of times.
@Elwarpo I put that massive oil filter on this time around. That thing takes 1/2 quart of oil by itself
:ROFLMAO:
I greased everything that had a zerk on it today, so tomorrow I have to re-install the front D.S. and put a new nylon lock nut on the passenger front Airbag's lower mount. That is such a pita. I am not looking forward to that, but will have some help from some of my Rock Crawling buddies.

I am also going to drill 4 holes in my frame. 2 on each side where it starts to bend. This is for drainage. The frame on this jeep is in such good shape, this will allow it to drain and not rust from the inside out which is pretty common on East Coast jeeps. Kind of stupid how jeep added holes that allow **** to get into the frame, but not the opposite
I only used the best I could find, those hastings filters are great. Make sure to really seal those holes well to prevent rust.

Reactions: mac and N7COF

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
So I forgot that I had left a message with Tom Woods to buy some spare Driveshaft bolts for the T-Case side. I couldn't find them on their website, so I left them a message asking to buy some.

A mystery package arrived today. It was a total of 8 bolts for the T-Case side of the driveshafts.
Now that is customer service. This is why, after 20 years, I still get my driveshafts from Tom Woods.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Continuing the yearly maintenance
I just repainted all of the scrapes on the bumpers and everything that can be dragged over a rock.
I also found a killer deal on some Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers which will add some clearance under the doors.
This means that I will have stock Rubicon Rocker Guards and some beat up Jeeperman skids available soon. They are still in great shape, just highly used.

During my Maintenance, I discovered that the passenger front AirBag was rubbing on the mount for the steering stabilizer. My Solution, Cut it off. :ROFLMAO:
Problem solved.

• Haha
Reactions: N7COF

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
When I need to replace the Heim Joints, I will do a better job of grinding the remaining piece flat, but for now, this solved the issue. It was tough getting the grinder in there with the drag link and track bar installed.
Automotive tire Helmet Automotive design Bicycle part Rim

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,589 Posts
BTW the DS on Blue, was a TW, and in the past they has rebuilt it for free if you pay shipping.

Reactions: Mouse
261 - 267 of 267 Posts