Rubicon Owners Forum banner
221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I ordered some 3 wire 3/4" lights that will match up directly with the Jeep harness.
These?
I have some still waiting to go on my CJ-8.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
No worries
I should get the 3 wire round lights today and will test wiring them to the stock harness and move the rectangle light to the 2 wires that fed the original triangle light.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
So I spoke with Genright today and it looks like I have everything wired correctly.
They were surprised that my wiring, matched what they have listed as 2001.

After speaking with them, and me telling them that I had the light in the 2 wire socket for the triangle light, they think I fried my flasher. So I will give that a shot.
The Rectangle light should light all the time, but the 3/4" circular light should only light up with the turn signals
When I remove the bulbs in the sockets for the triangle light, the front one did go out.
Soooooooo
I am waiting on the flasher.

LOL.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Poop

New Flasher did not help either.

My Multimeter died, so I guess I need to get a new one, so I can verify the wire colors actual match what I think they are, and how I have it wired.

The Good thing is, this is just an exercise in me being OCD. It absolutely does not matter that the turn signals work or don't work, as this is now a trail only rig.
BUT DAMMIT I AM CDO!!!
That's OCD alphabetized.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
Bummer; its got to be something simple causing this

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
I needed to clean up the jeep after the last outing so I can do some touch up painting on all the rock scraps for rust prevention. Decided the easiest way to clean it would be to raise it all the way up and pressure wash it. Love this wheel gap at max height.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

From the side
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

Compared to Street height
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

:cool:

Almost 14 months of ownership. Damn that was money well spent
Thanks @Elwarpo !!

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Finally remembered to look at the lights on my Jeep.
I eliminated the side marker light and wired on the small Gen Right turn signal light and also a 3” JK style turn signal light.
I still use conventional bulbs in the rear to eliminate the quick flash issue that I had even with the electronic flasher. I could have wired in resistors.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Sadly I have all LED front and rear now.
What's also odd, is my Hazard lights do not work anymore.

I am going to try another Flasher first, as that is cheap, and if that does work, I have seen a bunch of stuff that states that the entire turn signal stalk may be bad

It's funny, this doesn't matter, but as previously stating it is completely ****ing with my OCD. I just don't like it not working.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
I had to try a couple of different flasher relays before my TJ started working right.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Well that gives me hope. I know the wiring is correct, I know both lights work and it is grounded properly. So it's definitely something else.
I kind of got a bait and switch on my first flasher. They had a picture of a GCD brand and it wasn't.
So I got one of those ordered and since I bought the first one from Amazon, I am returning it to get my moola back.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
That Jeep needs some fresh paint. 🤔

221 - 240 of 251 Posts