Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I can probably figure this out myself, but I don't want to use the excess brain power. I need to conserve.

When I install my bodylift and MM lift, which should I start with? Does it matter? My plan is to unbolt the fan shroud and let it hang free, then install the body lift. After that, I plan to put in the MM lift then bolt the fan shroud back on. Last of all, I will adjust the transfer case linkage (I don't want to install the drop bracket and am hoping I don't need to).

Then........ next week I will put on a 2" budget boost and sway bar disconnects. With the 2" BB, do I need to relocate anything such as track bars? Also, I asume I will need to get the tires realligned after the 2" lift.

Anyway, any input would be a big help as I want to do it right the first time. Oh, I don't know if it matters, but the 2" BB is from Daystar and the other stuff is from JKS. I still need to get or make extended bumpstops.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You got the right sequence of events....How big of a BL you doing. If you are doing a 2" carefully lift the body and listen and watch for anything getting too tight. You should not have any problems but it is good to watchout for. Also you may not have to extend the filler hose for the fuel. Lift the body gently and place the pucks and then check the filler hose.

Cheers..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks LILRDJP,

The bodylift is a 1.25" from JKS. I installed a 1" on my 98TJ with no problems once I located all the body bolts. On that install, I just cut the bottom of the fan shroud to keep it from hitting. I don't want to do that this time. I will be very careful not to jack the body up any further than I need to.

Chris

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
With the 1.25 you won't have any issues...

Cheers

Sean

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, I recommend doing the MML first. Reason behind this is you are going to be doing a lot of reaching over the fenders to get inside the engine. You will also need to be able to get tools in there. Believe me that extra inch matters sometimes. As for the BL, main concern is the filler hose on DS, and Charcoal canister lines on the PS rear corners. Your axles should be fine, mine were only over 1/4", not enough to adjust them. Dropping the Axle will cause toe-in, so your tires will wear a little faster. An alignment is a good idea. I believe the measurement between the front and rear of the tires should be 1/8" shorter on the front side.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ron is probably a little too humble to plug his website, but it has been of great help to me many times. If you haven't been to it, you should check it out. Here's the link http://members.cox.net/rubicon03/
In his Buildup section he steps through the BL and MML install. You should check it out.

Craig

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, my wife just corrected me and told me that the link I provided is to the old website. Ron has a new-fangled site that you can get to by clicking on the "WWW" button at the bottom of his post. Or, click here:http://www.wanderingtrail.com/
Sorry for posting the old-school site first Ron.

Craig

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem, I still haven't taken down the old site, still being used over on JU, even if sometimes passed of as others. Tell your wife thankyou. :lol: I am slowly redoing my installs to put the pictures in with the words and make it a more step by step. I did find that a few picture links aren't working so I am going back through all of them.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts