Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've got a 3" BDS lift and need a little more room for my 33's so the question is will I run into any problems if I do a 1" BL on my auto. I just wondering about the linkage and will I require a MML?

TIA

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
You will not run into any problems.
Just make sure you do it slow and only jack up the body the bare minimum to install the new pucks.
As for the linkage, alot of the kits include an adapter to help line that back up for you. You might have to do a little handle bending or more back the center consoler or trim the plastic at the back of the 4wd handle about an 1" to get it into 4Lo but it isnt anything major.

I went with the Daystar kit because I did not want 2 separate pucks and because of cosmetics. Some kits have aluminum spacers which kind of stick out depending on your body color.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Auto is no problem with BL and they give you a Transfer case shifter adapter.. take 2 sets of hands to install that one.
i like the look of aluminum spacers :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
I did the 1" Daystar Body Lift.. Piece of cake. One word of caution, DO NOT put in the linkage spacer unless you have problems. I didn't put it in, and it actually seems better than before the lift. At least one other Rubicon owner here in Denver, said he put the linkage spacer in and it caused all sorts of grief, then he took it back out, and has not had any issues with it since.

Just my $.02 on it anyways.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ididnt have to change a thing on the linkage after my BL, I did do a MML peice of cake!!! everything lined up great especially with the medic Belly up leveling out the DT

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
WrathOfRubicon said:
I did the 1" Daystar Body Lift.. Piece of cake. One word of caution, DO NOT put in the linkage spacer unless you have problems. I didn't put it in, and it actually seems better than before the lift. At least one other Rubicon owner here in Denver, said he put the linkage spacer in and it caused all sorts of grief, then he took it back out, and has not had any issues with it since.

Just my $.02 on it anyways.
Hey are those 35's in your avitar picture on your jp?
Pete M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts