Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you guys thought of this. Alot of guys in my local group all run the Daystar Poly lift, but I see here that alot of guys also run the Tera allum kit. My question is, for you guys that ran them a while, have you ran into any problems with corrsion? In CT here, we get lots of salt, and for example on my YJ, the stock rubber pads that have the metal insert actually start to rust through. When you put the steel body,on alluminum, with the steel head of the stock mount, does it speed corroision. It seems it would to me? What do you guys think?

I already have the Daystar lift, but I want to be sure thats the way I want to go.

Light it up guys...

G

·
0 Posts
Lots of salt on the road here as well in the Winter.

The aluminum will corrode a bit on the surface, but not enough to cause structural problems. It becomes more of a cosmetic issue with the blocks (if you care what they look like).

Just my .02 - the poly will work great.

Bill :)

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I went with the Daystar kit because I wanted to have a single piece instead of the stock rubber, and then a spacer.
I don't think it made the ride any less comfortable.

Costs are all around the same and I think the quality is too so this is probably just a personal preference thing.
I do think the Black looks good tho.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
All dissimilar metals will corrode at their mating surfaces due to galvanic action. If you are going to use metal spacers, paint them before you install them. I had mine powdercoated. The spacers look fine, the mounting bolts are beginbning to rust.

Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts