Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the input on the body lift question. But I'm no wondering if I should go body lift or coil spacer to get a little more room for the 33's. Any help :?:

·
Registered
368 Posts
i think there are more advantages to a BL than coil spacers

you get clearance for drivetrain, suspension compenents throughout the flex cycle AND room bigger tires. You will also raise your center of gravity less than if you raise the frame and body (with spacers). 1" and 1.25" BL are very popular for these reasons.

i would use coil spacers first to level the rig (front to back) to compensate for extra weight, ie winch, bumper, lack of hard top, then to gain some extra height

-ds

G

·
0 Posts
I'd have to say both!

The parts are only a couple of hundred bucks for both, the install isn't to bad, myself and another completed both installs in a day, like 9 hours with a long lunch break.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I don't recommend going over a one inch BL. Personally I would put adjustable coil spacers on so you can even out you jeep while lifting it also. Maybe add the one inch BL with that lift and put some 32's or even 33's. With the bl you will be able to raise your gas tank and other vital parts (like transfer case) so you can put on a flat skid. Going with slightly wider tires when you go up is a good idea to make up for the raised COG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts