Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first accident I have been in for many years. I was leaving work on Tuesday, the roads were real icy, some guy lost control of the truck he was driving, and shot across 2 lanes of traffic, I treid to stop but he hit my front end and pushed my Rubi into a concrete barricade.

Messed up my Stinger Bumper and right front fender. My steering wheel is out of center now too.

Pisses me off everytime I look at it.

Right front fender.

How it looks from the front, you can see the stinger got scraped up a little.
But if you look close you can see the hood is off kilter too, rides higher on the left side. The top of the grill is scraped up too. Both fender flares ares sre bent too.

Both front wheels are dinged up too.

·
Registered
740 Posts
DAMN!

Don't know if this will help or not, but when I had my Nissan Xterra, I had a front Ramsey Sport bar w/ winch. Same thing happened to me(except fo the ice...they guy just ran a red).

Insurance bought me an ARB and a second winch

And, I had no fear in doing mods

Still sucks, but hopefully you'll make it better and stronger than before.

By the way, no matter what YOUR insurance says....Deal with HIS/ HER insurance ONLY. You insurance only has to bring the rubi to stock form....and it can affect your rating if their insurance doesn't pay for whatever reason (there are some bad insurances). You don't have the option of taking a check and fixing it yourself.

His insurance has to either restore you rubi to completely the way it was or give you a check.

Even if you have told your insurance to deal with it....you can still call and tell them you are dealing with their insurance and cancel your insurance's work.

But don't just take my word, talk to others

This advice is from personal experience!

Ned

And again, sorry about your misfortune :-(

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Ned.

I am still trying to find out who the owner of the truck is, so I can find out who it is insured by.

I plan on making his insurance pay.

·
Registered
561 Posts
OUCH! that sucks griz! Did you get his info and all?

G

·
0 Posts
Griz, sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope your fine. I'm sure everything will work out ok. Good Luck Dude.

Pick

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your miss-fortune. Currently all my dents are self inflicted and I hope it stays that way.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
That sucks!

Sorry to hear that Griz. I agree with Ned. Get it restored to it's original condition or better and no deals. I hate dealing with insurance adjusters. Reminds me of the joke about the bus full of lawyers going over a cliff and how it's a good start. Hope you get things settled quickly and to your satisfaction.

G

·
0 Posts
Griz,

Real sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hopefully you are able to get this all squared away soon and get back into your game with wheeling.

Best of luck, post pics if you have time.

(PS: How bad was the damage to the bumper, as I am thinking about getting one as well)?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I got most all the info from the driver at the time of the accident. The truck belongs to a dealer here in Denver, still working out details with them, if they turn it in to their insurance or just pay me to have it repaired. I'm having it repaired at the Jeep Dealer where I bought it, they said they would use new factory parts.

The Stinger Bumper held up well, bent it some and the concrete barricade ground it up because it was sliding along side it. I am going to have it replaced.

Thanks all for the good will.

I'll post some pictures tonight.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Candlelight Vigial being held tonight @ 8pm in hops to a succesfull resolve to this misfortune..... :(

G

·
0 Posts
I am here for the vigil, anyone else. :D :new-bday: This is the only emoticon I could find with a candle.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was seriously depressed for couple days after mine got bent up....

MAN THAT SUCKS GRIZ!!!!....I'm sure you all saw the pics I HAD posted, and my misfortune to the tune of a couple grand.:(

Unfortunately my dealer has proven themselves to be inadequate in body work, so I'm taking it to a shop that promises to use all mopar OEm parts. Hopefully it will look like it did before.

Unfortuantely for me , I wasn't so lucky, a fender you can unbolt and replace, a tub isnt so easy:( The tub by the Jeep embossed logo is pushed in, the rear flare is creased, and the tub right behind door opening where flare mounts is bowed in slightly and there is a gap between flare/body and rocker panel/body:(.
[/img]

·
Registered
740 Posts
SkyHighTJ said:
Aww, just replace the door and leave the tub....be PROUD! That scar has history, that scar is in a woosiefied RUBICON (or so say our critics :D )

You wheel and you don't flinch at the prospect of damage (keep saying this to yourself again and again and eventaully you'll believe it too :D )

Looks good!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Just remember that the first scratch/dent is the hardest.....................

It is always nice to keep your new vehicle mint for at least the first year...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ned-

I would leave it if it wasn't so bad. The pics don't do it justice. I don't want **** falling and getting between the rocker/tub ....and it had already begun because of the unsightly gap. Ill repair it this time, maybe in a few years I will be able to bring myself to accepting body damage.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Stinger got a little bent in, if you look closely at the welds you can see how the tube got a few wrinkles. I am going to get it replaced.

I'm taking it in next week for estimates, if they don't need to order any parts I'll leave it with them. Should only take a day or two to fix.

·
Registered
454 Posts
So does this mean that you are getting a new bumper from the other guy's ins. company? Does that mean that a slightly damaged stinger bumper is going to be for sale?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts